This song on repeat for days...

HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
object width="425" height="344"1param name="movie" value=""1/param1param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"1/param1param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"1/param1embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"1/embed1/object1

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    And before "Beware", it was "Losing Composure" for days on end as well.b, 21b, 21object width="425" height="344"1param name="movie" value=""1/param1param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"1/param1param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"1/param1embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"1/embed1/object1b, 21b, 21IMO these 2 songs off of Trae's "Losing Composure" album have to rank up there with some of the best rap music ever recorded.

• /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21some of the best rap music ever recorded.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21bait post reported

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21some of the best rap music ever recorded.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21bait post reported
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Not really...it's just on some this music has been so damned good to me that I must (once again) share. b, 21b, 21But if you want to go down the bait path...I know that on this site there are a couple who firmly agree with me, a few more that like it but wouldn't go as far as calling it the best ever, and then a whole bunch who listen but don't wind up really liking it. That's all well and good. The ones who get me are the ones who act like they know everything about music/rap who won't even bring themselves to listening to something like this. b, 21b, 21They might even say that its their disdain for me personally that keeps them from ever checking out my recommendations with an open and honest ear. But that's dumber than dumb IMO...yet another in a long list of excuses on why fools stay essentially clueless to what rap music really is.b, 21b, 21This particular rap music should indeed be ranked up with the best ever. And it's frankly weird to me that years continue to go by and particular dude's aren't catching up with the real. They're in many cases still stuck with their Source/Blaze/Spin/Rolling Stone lists of classics and maybe a token TI and/or Jeezy track and that's it. b, 21b, 21Like I said, absolutely, monumentally weird to me.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21They might even say that its their disdain for me personally that keeps them from ever checking out my recommendations with an open and honest ear.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21I listened actually, and I liked his rapping but not the beats. img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tunes.gif" alt="" 21

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    I thought the whole thing was hot garbage.b, 21I'm not real though, so who cares.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Sorry Harvey... tepid at best. Not great, not awful. Just kinda ehhhhh...

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21I thought the whole thing was hot garbage.
    b, 21I'm not real though, so who cares.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Wow. Hot garbage, ha?

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Yeah, better raps than beats. The arrangements aren't bad, the drums are kind of weak though.

Y'all are a trip. See, y'all think that I am the trip. But nope, it's y'all. b, 21b, 21I mean, I can't disagree when someone says the drums are weak. But I suppose I'm just listening to other things. In fact, whenevr these songs get caught in my head when I' not actually listening, it's not the drums that I hear repeating over and over. b, 21b, 21I JUST CAN'T TAKE THIS SHIT NO MORE, I FEEL I'M LOSING MY MIND BUT I STILL CAN'T LET GO, THE PAIN INSIDE MY CHEST ABOUT TO MAKE ME BLOW, SO RUN INSIDE OF MY RANGE AND I'LL BE FORCED TO LET GO.

YOU CAN'T ASSASSINATE MY CHARACTER WHISPERING WORDS OF WAR, BUT I'M FED UP WITH YOU SON A OF BITCHES, YOU'VE GONE TOO FARb, 21MAKING A MOCKERY OUTTA MY NAME AIN'T COOL, SO I'M STRAIGHT TO THE HORSES MOUTH, ME AND MY MUTHAFUCKIN TOOL

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    <-------Thanks.b, 21b, 21b/wb, 21b, 21It's just teh tubes dude. Soulstrut doesn't consent to anyone's musical taste unless they are provenly famously more famous than Soulstrut and have the proof to prove it.

• I dont think these are the best Trae songs I've ever heard, but if dudes dont think him and zro are some of the best doin right now they're trippin.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21MAKING A MOCKERY OUTTA MY NAME AIN'T COOL, SO I'M STRAIGHT TO THE HORSES MOUTH, ME AND MY MUTHAFUCKIN TOOL
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21He wants brain from a horse?b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nagl2.gif" alt="" 21

• Can't say I'm too crazy about those beats-- very generic stuff. Trae is good, obviously (though I'm definitely a bigger Z-Ro fan), but I could probably name a thousand beats better than these two so as for the "some of the best rap ever:" b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/NO.gif" alt="" 21

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Can't say I'm too crazy about those beats-- very generic stuff. Trae is good, obviously (though I'm definitely a bigger Z-Ro fan), but I could probably name a thousand beats better than these two so as for the "some of the best rap ever:"
    b, 21
    b, 21
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/NO.gif" alt="" 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Again, these songs are so far beyond nitpicking them over any single attribute. b, 21b, 21Weed is illegal and for the right kind expensive...but I ain't mad when it gets me through in a pinch. b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/headz.gif" alt="" 21