Live looping in Ableton?

dayday 9,611 Posts
edited November 2008 in Strut Central
I've been trying for 3 days now to get this to work right and I'm about to HULK SMASH on some shit. It should be a simple thing: 4 bars of drums looped + bass and keys (midi) and add on from there, but when the loop comes back around the first note of what I played isn't there. Most times it will play the 2nd time around, but even then, if some of the midi notes at the end of the loop are sustained, it will F*ck things up. b, 21PLUS when I press 'record' to end what I'm doing it splits the bars of what I played in half and fucks it up (unless I press it where there is a rest). b, 21And wtf is up with the rec. button not disabling after pressing it a 2nd time? It's a pain in zee arse.b, 21Ableton seems great for recording at home, but live I'm not so convinced yet. Maybe I'm a dummy and it's something simple I'm missing, but this is making me want to tear out what little hair I have left. img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icegrill.gif" alt="" 21

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Somebody's gotta know what I'm TALMBOUT! For real, I gotta get this shit up and running by tomorrow night so any help is appreciated.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    I have felt you're pain and I have yet to figure it out myself.b, 21b, 21Sonofabitch makes it look so easy.b, 21/object1

• Try sending the audio from the midi track to an empty record enabled audio track. That way you will be recording realtime audio of what your laying down instead of relying on the midi information.

• b, 21b, 21your man 45tolife knows about Ableton