Glossy Screen for Mac Book Pro

dreskieboogiedreskieboogie 951 Posts
edited November 2008 in Strut Central
What's the verdict?b, 21b, 21Anybody bought one yet?b, 21b, 21Peace,b, 21b, 21Dress

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yeah it's nice.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Looks great. My kid's finger prints -- not so much. I have a matted Cinema Display which I use for design. I say... go for it if you are not a graphic designer.

• I work mostly with video and therefore also do some colour correction. Should I still go for it?b, 21b, 21Thanks,b, 21b, 21Dress

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21Looks great. My kid's finger prints -- not so much. I have a matted Cinema Display which I use for design. I say... go for it if you are not a graphic designer. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Or if you never go outside.

• hmmm, i don't think i noticed this... i was just using my friends brand new jawn last week. i'd check it out again but his ass got robbed and that, they took.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21I work mostly with video and therefore also do some colour correction. Should I still go for it?b, 21b, 21Thanks,b, 21b, 21Dress b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21I would not do it if it's a work computer.b, 21b, 21All the pros go Matte.

• Thanks - that's what I needed to know.b, 21b, 21Dress

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    I've got the glossy screen and I love it. A buddy of mine from the institute has the matted screen and he's always envious when we're working on projects side by side, because my screen is way more radiant. And he even used to be a graphic designer. It's quite a noticable difference.b, 21b, 21You will have to get used to reflections and cleaning the screen more often, but it's never really bothered me.b, 21b, 21Edit: but for pro photo/video, yeah, what Raj said.

• Thanks Deshawn. Did you peep the film yet?b, 21b, 21Dress

• you can get a film to convert it to matte if you need to

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21you can get a film to convert it to matte if you need to b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Where?

• I don't get glossy screens! I feel like I'm staring at myself most of the time?!!??!

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21I don't get glossy screens! I feel like I'm staring at myself most of the time?!!??! b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21you still gotta turn it on.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21Thanks Deshawn. Did you peep the film yet?b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Not yet. I downloaded Cassavetes' "Shadows" as well a while ago after a recent thread on the Mingus score, and I want to do a "New York ca. 1960/jazz-related" double bill film night with some friends. Just need to set a date and find some friends who can handle it img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif" alt="" 21

• Im a bit confused. Cant you get the new Mac Book Pros with matte screen at all?b, 21b, 21Thanks,b, 21b, 21Dress