Um...

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited November 2008 in Strut Central
... like, REALLY?

Comments

• SO ILL.b,121b,121Dude, put on Hot right now. Mr. Cee is giving the business.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I'm in Philly leaving for Vegas right now. Jesus f*cking christ man. What the F*ck?

• Yo man, we did it.b,121b,121We're a winner.

• "Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now"!

• no nos par-ar-aaaaan!b,121b,121b,121Cosmulty, have good times in vegas. you're money baby, you don't even know it.

• "Keep Risin' To The Top"!

• "BRRRRRRR ABADO!!!!"b,121b,121b,121ohh and Johnny Paystubs, i did indeed get teh drunk last night over a 12 of hamm's and a split bottle of that J.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121I'm in Philly leaving for Vegas right now. Jesus f*cking christ man. What the F*ck? b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121Whattup Cosmo.. What are you getting into out here bro?b,121b,121- Diego

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Hey bro, I'm doing some party at Prive tonight for SEMA. I think it will be pretty corny as hell but if you want to come through you're more than welcome. It would be good to see you, and to f*ckin be good as hell touching down in BLUE NEVADA!!!

• the beautiful babies don't work the midnight to six shift on a wednesday. that is the skank shift.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    This is all really sinking in today and it feels amazing. Dreams have become reality.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Last night on the way to an afterparty (which just happened to be the official afterparty of the Philly Obama campaign staffers, I stopped at the 7/11 at 8th and Walnut and walked to the back and got my bottle of water. Walked up to the counter and there was a little lady behind the counter and a homeless man in a wheelchair just sitting there. I placed my water down and looked at the lady, and she looked at me, and then we both just started crying and she jumped over the counter and we stood there hugging for a few minutes. b, 21b, 21I'm crying like every 20 minutes now.b, 21b, 21I've gotten calls from people that I haven't heard from in 15 years today.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121This is all really sinking in today and it feels amazing. Dreams have become reality. b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121For real. Last night was straight jubilation, but it's just now sinking in for real. The enormity of this epoch. What it means for the country. I don't think I'll see anything like this again in my lifetime.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121I've gotten calls from people that I haven't heard from in 15 years today.b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121b,121[what's his face who did the comics for OTG]

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121Hey bro, I'm doing some party at Prive tonight for SEMA. I think it will be pretty corny as hell but if you want to come through you're more than welcome. It would be good to see you, and to f*ckin be good as hell touching down in BLUE NEVADA!!! b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121I'm actually down to roll through after Band practice tonight. I'll hit you up on the PM with my contact. b, 21b, 21- Diego

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121I'm crying like every 20 minutes now.b, 21 b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121I've been fighting back tears at work because I don't want to cry at my desk in the middle of the office. Every time I go out for a cigarette, I think of the part in Obama's speech where he quotes Lincoln: "more than two centuries later, a government of the people, by the people and for the people has not perished from this Earth". He's got the Gettysburg address running through my mind. The Declaration of Independence. "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal".b,121b,121And consider this, in reference to the men and women who sacrificed everything so that one day their children would have the right to vote and be counted as brothers and sisters, equal one to another:b,121b,121"But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate -- we can not consecrate -- we can not hallow -- this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us -- that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."b,121b,121Hell, I'm tearing up right now.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    The world just seems different today. A bit of faith restored, in who made this country and who they made it for.

• Last night on NBC they kept showing spots about this party in Teaneck, NJ. The home of an older white couple with their kids, some neighborhood black and latino kids and their parents, all together in the house celebrating. Reporter pointed to sign saying:b,121b,121Rosa satb,121So that Martin could walkb,121So that Obama could runb,121So that our Children can flyb,121b,121That choked me up a little bit.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121Last night on the way to an afterparty (which just happened to be the official afterparty of the Philly Obama campaign staffers, I stopped at the 7/11 at 8th and Walnut and walked to the back and got my bottle of water. Walked up to the counter and there was a little lady behind the counter and a homeless man in a wheelchair just sitting there. I placed my water down and looked at the lady, and she looked at me, and then we both just started crying and she jumped over the counter and we stood there hugging for a few minutes. b,121b,121 b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121shit, i'm tearing up right now just reading this.b,121b,121b,121I keep thinking of all the little kids in my wife's classroom and what this means for them. Especially the African-American ones. To have the POTUS and his family be people who look like you has to be impactful. Even at age four. That shifts the whole game. Obama kept saying it last night, but knowing that one of these specific kids who I know by name, many of whom are brilliant, could be empowered to shoot for the nation's highest office is just awesome. "Role model" doesn't even begin to describe it.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121Last night on NBC they kept showing spots about this party in Teaneck, NJ. The home of an older white couple with their kids, some neighborhood black and latino kids and their parents, all together in the house celebrating. Reporter pointed to sign saying:b,121b,121Rosa satb,121So that Martin could walkb,121So that Obama could runb,121So that our Children can flyb,121b,121That choked me up a little bit. b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121oh man - i'm getting choked up just reading this.b,121This feels amazing.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    Last night on NBC they kept showing spots about this party in Teaneck, NJ. The home of an older white couple with their kids, some neighborhood black and latino kids and their parents, all together in the house celebrating. Reporter pointed to sign saying:

Rosa sat
    So that Martin could walk
    So that Obama could run
    So that our Children can fly

That choked me up a little bit.

Wow....that made me tear up.

• what a great night; what a great day.

Republicans: YEAH THAT JUST HAPPENED.