Dangerdoom

2»

Comments

• Mr. CasualMr. Casual 953 Posts
    Gosh, I don't know where to start.

First of all, I've never met Dangermouse and I'm sure he's a great guy. That has absolutely zero to do with this.

Second of all, I'm a huge proponent of sampling, and all kinds of creative music and mixing and such. Again, nothing to do with it.

What it is about is that the music in question was uninteresting (to me) and I'd rather take the Black Album or the White Album by themselves any day of the week. I think it was a poor idea. Execution is not really the issue here. I'm glad dude made something for kicks and got paid off it.

Again, even a broken clock is right twice a day. If I put a turd on a record and recorded the slushy noise of the needle against it would that be creative? PEARSON, WHERE ARE YOU. THIS IS A GREAT IDEA. COPYRIGHT IT NOW!!!!

Then do it.

yo man I feel you.. I know that sometimes people take shit personally.. its tough to remember that these are ALL JUST PERSONAL opinions, not attacks.

• Thanks for the track AWALL.

speaking of which, can somebody please to show me an ACUTAL GOOD Dangermouse track. Everything I've heard from dude is kinda weak/amateur-ish sounding.

What did you think of this?

Granted it's not the best thing in the world but I think it's a damn site better than the first one Dan did...

Yeah - the whole Grey Album thing was a fluke, like the success of The Killers, can't explain it. He was dicking around in his bedroom (nohomo), made a mix for his friends, it blew up and he rode the wave for all it was worth. Who wouldn't?