The RETRO kids, I love these guys!!!!

DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central

I remember they walked by me in Miami last month and all these really dumb looking guys in huge t shirts down to their knees and rhinestoned ed hardy hoodies with huge pants falling to their ankles and chains on their belts with skull belt buckles and doo rags just started laughing at them. Man did they ever have it twisted cause these guys are the absolute truth!!!!!

Comments

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    "THE BIG STEPS, THE BIG STEPS!!!"

Please to bring Hi Top Fades and Blockheads back into HipHop!
    Fast Rap is what its all about.
    Damn can someone up that Big Daddy Kane for me? I need for tonites Queensday Party in Holland! That would superbe...

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    i seen them at the donut hill the other week.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Faux-Tops.....the up and coming 90's revival is gonna be some shit.

• DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts
    Nice blend from off the wall into treat em right or whatever instr that is w the 'get involved' guitar
    This style is so much better than all that streetwear bs with expensive dunks. None of them have precious kicks on, I appreciate that.

yeah i agree on that Deegreez. i was real hesitant to click on the video to see some stone-wash capri pant wearing dayglohomo's totally confused on life, but this is actually not bad. they're just a bunch of hippies shwingin it.

the only quarrel i'd have is if they're those young ass kids. at least they look older.

• the only quarrel i'd have is if they're those young ass kids. at least they look older.

that's exactly why I think this shit is corny. it's super contrived, dudes are mostly 19-22. Just as annoying as the rock-a-billy jagoffs.

with that being said I saw some dude with a leather jacket yesterday...one purple sleave and one yellow sleave.

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    yeah i see these dudes all the time. they used to lamp in front of wendy's on broadway near transit, but i think have moved on since a lot of other kids are trying to nibble on their stilo. ppl are always buggin out, rubber necking, as they've witnessed a flashback right before their very eyes.

but i was wondering the same thing. they look kinda old, but at the same time, i can't really tell. if they're young cats, i can't really knock them for adopting a style or liking some music from an era they didn't grow up in. we're all guilty of that. all the same, they're doing their thang.

• i can't really knock them for adopting a style or liking some music from an era they didn't grow up in.[/b]

EMPANDAMN=

TWERKIN' PRO-BONO!

p.s.

in DC we have the "Hilltop Hustlers" as me and another member call em. they're the more subdued idiot looking ones, not too flashy, but not as on-point as these guys. BUT they're like 19 years old. these dudes never even got to see their own brothers dressed like that at that age!

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    I was there!

• HamHam 872 Posts
    in DC we have the "Hilltop Hustlers" as me and another member call em. they're the more subdued idiot looking ones, not too flashy, but not as on-point as these guys. BUT they're like 19 years old. these dudes never even got to see their own brothers dressed like that at that age!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I've never been mad at young kids getting down having fun and doing their thing. Truth be told I would rather these kids at my party having fun and getting everyone hyped instead of a lot of others.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I've never been mad at young kids getting down having fun and doing their thing. Truth be told I would rather these kids at my party having fun and getting everyone hyped instead of a lot of others.

Hell yeah!

• I remember they walked by me in Miami last month and all these really dumb looking guys in huge t shirts down to their knees and rhinestoned ed hardy hoodies with huge pants falling to their ankles and chains on their belts with skull belt buckles and doo rags just started laughing at them. Man did they ever have it twisted cause these guys are the absolute truth!!!!!

yah i was also at this jam, i was impressed by there whole act. Mad thorough with the gear and the WHOP!(sp?) lol

also did you hear biz play the bob james joint? that shit did sound muffled, no bells tho