SS Academics, Quick PP Question

The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
I'm giving a presentation and was wondering how many panes a 20 minute powerpoint with medium font would be? I tend to be long winded and any knowledge to keep me on target is appreciated. BigStacks? Odub? Bueller? ThanksPeaceT.N.

Comments

• a good rule to follow is 6x6 -- 6 lines of text (excluding the title) per slide and 6 words per line. This is just something to aim for, not agonize over. Use bullets and no need for complete sentences.

For 20 minutes, I would aim for 10-15 slides, especially if you are long winded.

I work at a policy communications organization and we pride ourselves on theses types of things.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    a good rule to follow is 6x6 -- 6 lines of text (excluding the title) per slide and 6 words per line. This is just something to aim for, not agonize over. Use bullets and no need for complete sentences.

For 20 minutes, I would aim for 10-15 slides, especially if you are long winded.

I work at a policy communications organization and we pride ourselves on theses types of things.

Added to (dwindling) mental notebook.

• DrBorisQDrBorisQ 298 Posts
    With PP less is always more.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    With PP less is always more.
    soooooooooooooooooooooooo key
    i don't understand people who basically put all the shit they're going to say on a slide. might as well just print that shit out and have me read it

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Brain's on point with this one. PP is for accenting, not mirroring. Too many folks don't understand that.

And in any case, dude, just do a run-through and time yourself.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    PP