Options

Soulstrut Kid Pictures

13»

Comments

• phono13phono13 842 Posts

He prefers to stay in the tank.

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts

First known photo taken by grand dad. Born at home, Dad played Stevie's Isn't She Lovely, my first song heard in the real world. Polaroid R.I.P.

American Gothic

because it always reminds me of this:

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Flying a kite with pops, Seaside, OR circa 1982?.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

I was 3 or 4, and too young to care about where I was, other than California. Anyone know where this is?

crazy guess...but San Diego...La Jolla or PB, OB????

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts

I was 3 or 4, and too young to care about where I was, other than California. Anyone know where this is?

I don't know for sure but my research indicates that perhaps this was taken @ San Francisco's Fisherman's Wharf in front of Castognola's which has been around since the early 1900's and has under gone several renovations. There are these pictures:

but with no real striking resemblance, unless of course the pier was completely rebuilt sometime during the 70's or 80's or they moved to a different location??

who knows?

• great great GREAT thread! (all my baby pics are on the other side of the country )

• There was a Castagnolas on the redondo beach pier too - which is where that photo was taken. it's the inner side of the pier probably late 70's? alot of that was destroyed by storms and fire in the 80's. great photo and great thread!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I'm with Thes on this one - that pic doesn't look like the Wharf. Looks more like the piers down here in So-Cal. Redondo sounds like a great bet.

Slight detour, but one of the trips of watching "Dogtown and Z-Boys" were the pictures/videos of the old amusement park that used to be around Venice.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

Channeling Colonel Sanders like a mofo.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

Like they say a picture is worth a thousand words. I can only imagine what was going down in outer SE with that rug work you were sporting. I gotta find my mullet photos.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    There was a Castagnolas on the redondo beach pier too - which is where that photo was taken. it's the inner side of the pier probably late 70's? alot of that was destroyed by storms and fire in the 80's. great photo and great thread!

This is probably it. I'll have to call my mom to be sure. The photo was taken sometime between 1973-1974. I was born in L.A. and lived there up until I was 4.