Obama - the 'hip-hop candidate'

DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
http://commentisfree.guardian.co.uk/alex_stein/2008/03/the_first_hiphop_president.htmlI'm posting this without any comment. Strut politicos are welcome to take this fool apart in their own time.

Comments

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    he must be "down" with hip-hop

i know what you mean Alex.

now for the real, did anyone else see Philadelphia's Hip-Hop All City Mayor Nutter goin word for word on rappers delight?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Obama is Post-Hip Hop.

• if you want to cringe, read this article...

Its not worth my time.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Its not worth my time.

Yea, I think we know where it's going......."he's black therefore he's hip hop"

Its not worth my time.

Thread Over - Delete

• Its not worth my time.

its actually much worse than that.

how a person like like this can get paid writing gig is the real story here...whose nephew or cousin is this guy?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Obama is Post-Hip Hop.

Please be serious. Obama quietly shits on Post Hip-Hop, despite the fact that some of his material is sample-based.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Having reader comments enabled on the Guardian website was one of the seven signs of the Apocalypse.

Obama is Post-Hip Hop.

Please be serious. Obama quietly shits on Post Hip-Hop, despite the fact that some of his material is sample-based.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
    Having reader comments enabled on the Guardian website was one of the seven signs of the Apocalypse.

Garudnia blogs = catnip for know-nowts. And that's just the writers - the music blogs in particular are often a rich and reliable source of comedy. For a paper which supposedly prides itself on having a well-informed readership, and in which the arts coverage is generally pretty good, this particular element of the online edition does a consistently impressive job of putting both these things to the sword.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts

Garudnia blogs = catnip for know-nowts. And that's just the writers - the music blogs in particular are often a rich and reliable source of comedy. For a paper which supposedly prides itself on having a well-informed readership, and in which the arts coverage is generally pretty good, this particular element of the online edition does a consistently impressive job of putting both these things to the sword.

Tell me about it... I would definitely read more of the Gdn site if they got rid of the comments.

The UK is too for me these days.