damn no OBAMA today on the Strut?

rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
It's like y'all forgot about your man.I'll set it off with some provocative schitt: Kerry: Obama Could Help US Relations with Muslim Nations 'Because He's a Black Man' DISCUSS.

Comments

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Why did this man lose the 2004 election, again?

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    I loved it when he ate the cheese steak with a knife and fork while on a campaign stop in Philly.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Sew me up, doctor! I'm ready for 2008!

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    I loved it when he ate the cheese steak with a knife and fork while on a campaign stop in Philly.

But if I eat it with my hands, it falls apart.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Brother Man was in town today. 14,000 strong at the Coliseum. He's really looking for a storming closing on the racial divide theme he started in Philly. He built really well but hasn't quite found the right phrase or story to cap it all off. By convention time this is going to be blowing people's minds. You heard it here first.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Brother Man was in town today. 14,000 strong at the Coliseum. He's really looking for a storming closing on the racial divide theme he started in Philly. He built really well but hasn't quite found the right phrase or story to cap it all off. By convention time this is going to be blowing people's minds. You heard it here first.

"This," meaning Obamamania?

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    This=His mini-version of we are the world.

B/W

I am not joking

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I wish I had your confidence. I wonder how much of his support came because "he wasn't really Black"*. Now some people may be starting to think that he really is Black.

*Quotation marks are used to show an attitude that some ex-Obama supporters may feel. It is not a real quote and I have never heard anyone utter those exact words. I hope I have not offend anyone with my use of quotation marks.

On the Philadelphia speech tip, has anyone seen this lead to a good discussion of race in the media?

What I have heard on NPR is not so good, though the Talk Of The Nation half hour wasn't bad. In my daily paper lots of editorials and letters on the subject, but none adding to the conversation. Sadly I think the best discussion on race I have seen is Krauthammer's piece that ran in our paper today. He basically says Black people should get over themselves and quit making white people feel guilty. Not a view I endorse, but at least he is talking about race. most other commentators are just talking about the speech while avoiding discussions of race.

I have not seen any tv coverage, so I can't comment on that.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    On the Philadelphia speech tip, has anyone seen this lead to a good discussion of race in the media?

What I have heard on NPR is not so good, though the Talk Of The Nation half hour wasn't bad. In my daily paper lots of editorials and letters on the subject, but none adding to the conversation. Sadly I think the best discussion on race I have seen is Krauthammer's piece that ran in our paper today. He basically says Black people should get over themselves and quit making white people feel guilty. Not a view I endorse, but at least he is talking about race. most other commentators are just talking about the speech while avoiding discussions of race.

If any substantive discussion of race occurs in America, it won't originate or be progressed by our media; the dialogue will be intrapersonal. The media doesn't know what to do with thought-concepts, social interaction, or metaphysics. Hell, it can't even report on facts.

If any substantive discussion of race occurs in America, it won't originate or be progressed by our media; the dialogue will be intrapersonal. The media doesn't know what to do with thought-concepts, social interaction, or metaphysics. Hell, it can't even report on facts.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Word from the east coast swing voters in my family camp is that they think Obama walks on water since the speech. Do not underestimate the impact this had on surburbanites. They want to feel good about race and America. Joe six pack may not be feeling it but soccer mom is getting tired of Hilary and McCain sweating brotherman so hard. The backlash is building in favor of Mr. Nice Guy.

Word from the east coast swing voters in my family camp is that they think Obama walks on water since the speech. Do not underestimate the impact this had on surburbanites. They want to feel good about race and America. Joe six pack may not be feeling it but soccer mom is getting tired of Hilary and McCain sweating brotherman so hard. The backlash is building in favor of Mr. Nice Guy.

Did you get to see him yesterday? About 10 blocks from your house he was.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

I blew getting tickets. My assistant and my mom went. I saw it on TV though.

I blew getting tickets. My assistant and my mom went. I saw it on TV though.

I didn't read the Metro section till lunch, so I didn't know it was on tv.