my latest graemlin

alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
well, i have a couple of permanent ones already, and graemlins are always about longevity, so i think this one will be applicable for awhile, especially on this site (occurred to me lately in light of the race debates on the democrats tip), this is easier to get if you're a photoshop nerd...

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    It'd work better without the black background but yeah, that shit is funny.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    lol

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    That's great! So what is the appropriate usage?

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    That's great! So what is the appropriate usage?

if you ever call me whitey or honky I can hit you with 10 of it.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    can someone define this term please?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

The Urban Dictionary's take.

However, not only are the definitions unfunny, but they include pretty much every position that would be taken in a Soulstrut on the topic.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Technically, it should mean when you hate on someone's race
    when they are actually the same race as you.

But instead it is usually wielded by white people being hated
    on by someone of another race for being a cracker-ass cracker.

My favorite:

When a white person, in their attempt to take every last thing away from non-whites, claims to be a victim of racism in order to trivialize or deaden the impact of acts of racism perpetrated by whites.

"Well, we took chocolate and made that white, we turned Jazz into Kenny G, we turned Chinese Food into chicken balls, we turned rice into Uncle Ben's, we turned Funk into Disco, we turned Mexican Food into Taco Bell, we've colonized just about every Latin, Asian and African country, what's there left for us to take?? OHHHH!!! Let's take RACISM, make it our own and call it 'reverse racism'!!"

"I supported that poor black family whose son was beaten up by that gang of seven skinheads, until I realized that the black boy was using reverse racism on those poor young Nazis. That's right, the racism of those seven white boys was not as great as the reverse racism of that one black boy, whose influence and power clearly overwhelmed the poor white boys into beating him up."

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

But instead it is usually wielded by white people being hated
    on by someone of another race for being a cracker-ass cracker.

Who exactly writes this "Urban Dictionary"??

"Cracker:
    Opposite of nigger, an insult to whites... except white people aren't dumb enough to walk around calling each other that word because it's intended to be demeaning".

"Cracker:

A racist insult used by blacks against white people that seemingly isn't wrong, yet it is illegal for us to defend ourselves and call them darkies or nigger. Racism against whites is racism just the same, people. Get some common sense. If black people think they are the shit like they're better than everyone else, they are mistaken.
    No one is fuckin better than anyone they are equal, until your actions or reputation lowers your social status and respect, of course".

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    My favorite:

When a white person, in their attempt to take every last thing away from non-whites, claims to be a victim of racism in order to trivialize or deaden the impact of acts of racism perpetrated by whites.

"Well, we took chocolate and made that white, we turned Jazz into Kenny G, we turned Chinese Food into chicken balls, we turned rice into Uncle Ben's, we turned Funk into Disco, we turned Mexican Food into Taco Bell, we've colonized just about every Latin, Asian and African country, what's there left for us to take?? OHHHH!!! Let's take RACISM, make it our own and call it 'reverse racism'!!"

"I supported that poor black family whose son was beaten up by that gang of seven skinheads, until I realized that the black boy was using reverse racism on those poor young Nazis. That's right, the racism of those seven white boys was not as great as the reverse racism of that one black boy, whose influence and power clearly overwhelmed the poor white boys into beating him up."

yikes! sad yet hilarious.

this one makes the most sense to me:

Technically, it should mean when you hate on someone's race
    when they are actually the same race as you.

racism is racism.

I think they're just random people posting up their take. Like Soulstrut. With all that entails.

• fredfadesfredfades 584 Posts
    yeah. word.. its cool.. keep the black inside the talking bubble thou.. just remove it from the background.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    ya it looks better without the background, how's this