mentalblock...please advise

tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
15 page paper due for class....rather dry subject matter.due last friday. im not too worried about the lateness, although the sooner it gets done the better.i have pulled the occasional academic allnighter, and have usually carried my weight at work. but!cant focus. got ALL kinds of momentus shit on my mind. so easily distracted. pracitcaly doubled my post count over the last few days.HERES MY QUANDRYstay up all night and try to bang it out. [/b](i do have a full work day tomorrow...meetings, phone calls to broker travel scholarships, my teen workers need to be chastised for shit,etc. followed by an important bizness dinner date)orsleep on it.[/b] be fresh and ready for work and probably end up getting it in by Thursday?

Comments

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    A single night of sleep deprivation won't affect your work performance too greatly. When I pull all nighters (twice a month or so) I'm usually good to go until around 6pm, at which point my brain simply shuts off and I start drooling. Depending on the time of your dinner date, I'd be tempted just to bang the paper out.

Actually, I take that back. Turn the paper in on Thursday, or, hell, even next Monday. Just make sure it's appropriately superior for the delay.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,632 Posts
    Usually takes 48 hours before I really feel the effects of staying up all night.

Usually takes 48 hours before I really feel the effects of staying up all night.

precisely

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    its a dillemma, right?
    i wouldnt be in this predicament if i cared too much about the paper.

Hand the paper in on Thursday. Trust me, your professor won't be losing any sleep over this.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    wutang girls words ring wisely

my work- i care
    this paper- not really

i'll work on it an hour and then retire
    thank you mighty soulstrut. i take leave