The official March Madness 2008 thread

Comments

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Ucla Vs Memphis was a nice pre game before the real championship game comes on.

Congrats to Memphis for finishing 3rd in the NCAA

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    Memphis is amazing. Memphis/UNC will be a good matchup. If Kansas somehow gets past North Carolina I probably won't even bother watching the final.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,848 Posts
    Memphis is ridiculously fast.

FUCK!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

UCLA =

• davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts

UCLA =

seriously. ucla was outmatched but they played an awful game too. why they weren't getting touches for love is beyond me. collison was hogging the ball when he should have been passing. crap.

thing that's a pisser is each year in the final four they are losing by bigger amounts instead of getting closer!

next year will be the year if love stays with jrue holiday coming in we finally might have an elite team. unc and memphis will not be any team that resembles this years team next year.

and ed, memphis would destroy kansas. they lost to oklahoma state and texas, who just got destroyed by memphis.

memphis will be no match for unc the way they throw up wild shots. if they shoot 41% percent against unc they will lose by 20-30.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I predicted that Memphis was over rated and would exit early.....shows how much I know.

I also picked Kansas to win it all.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

unc and memphis will not be any team that resembles this years team next year.

The only active senior that unc is losing is Quentin Thomas. Hansbrough will more than likely be staying for a 4th year. UNC are getting 3 freshmen who were in the McDonald's all-american game this year. I think they will be as good next year as they are this year.

memphis would destroy kansas.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    wow and I thought UCLA was mega fail

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    wow and I thought UCLA was mega fail

This shit is far from over. If anyone stopped watching the game early on, UNC has cut the 28 lead down to 6. Now its the game it should have been from the start.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    seriously. ucla was outmatched but they played an awful game too. why they weren't getting touches for love is beyond me. collison was hogging the ball when he should have been passing. crap.

Their chemistry was questionable all throughout the season. I was really surprised to see them still around for the Final Four when I got back from Japan.

Memphis/Kansas = HARD AS FUCK.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    damn i NEVER would have guessed Kansas would win let alone by that much. I have to imagine Memphis will destroy them though.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    There's gonna be one helluva track meet on Monday. Whoever hits their outside shots will win this thing. It's amazing not one of the teams tonight had a real pure outside shooter like a Curry/Redick/Rice to keep the D honest. Lots of really sloppy play and incredibly hard nosed man D though. UCLA fucked up the money not trying to work thru Love and having Collison guard Bell. I picked Memphis to win all. I stand by it.

There's gonna be one helluva track meet on Monday.

Why DOES it seem that the top college kids are better conditioned than some of the NBA stars?! I'm being serious. Full-court press, 20 minute quarters, no taking plays off...

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I predicted that Memphis was over rated and would exit early.....shows how much I know.

I also picked Kansas to win it all.

were you one of the announcers tonight?

I just watched the game on tivo...I was at a wedding and I avoided all spoilers, at one point I had to move away from the drunk dude trying to tell me the score, I dont know how he could not understand "Please i dont want to know, please dont tell me", Ugggh...anyway, that one announcer, good lord, damn near everytime memphis did something great..it was because UCLA made a mistake according to this tool, not because we outplayed them...at one point, we were up by like 9 points or soemthing and Love would make a bucket and dude would say some shit like "oh wow, if Love can keep that up..they will take this game away from Memphis" Blah Blah Blah...At the end of the ass whoopin' he said something like "dont worry, this is an excellent UCLA team, they will be back next year and will more than likely be back in the final four"...them westwood balls must taste mighty fine...Memphis is the first team in NCAA history with 38 wins...god willing it will be 39 on Monday...

• thropethrope 750 Posts

• johnshadejohnshade 577 Posts
    damn i NEVER would have guessed Kansas would win let alone by that much. I have to imagine Memphis will destroy them though.

i hope it will be a competitive game, though i could see either team blowing out the other.

that said...

GO KU!![/b]

Several lead changes to start the second half is about all you can ask for in a final.

Several lead changes to start the second half is about all you can ask for in a final.

Besides OT!

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SHIIITTTTTT.

O V E R T I M E BABY.

I Like Kansas

• SHIT. Memphis should have been celebrating right now.

SHIT. Memphis should have been celebrating right now.

If their momentum holds up, Kansas did a great job stealing this one. Down nine with two minutes -- this should've been over.

• I cant even watch the rest.

• SIKE!

Kansas played some beautiful basketball.....WOW

I feel a little bad for those Memphis kids, at least the ones who won't sign a lucrative NBA contract in the near future.

Mario Chalmers = One man defensive army

Collins = The reason Rose couldn't get it going in the first half.

• I feel a little bad for those Memphis kids, at least the ones who won't sign a lucrative NBA contract in the near future.

Yeah, no kidding. They just blew the whole damn thing. Free throws win ballgames.