Jukebox Operators???

behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
am i going to be looking through multiple copies of Billy Joel 45s??do they ever put the raer in the jukes??? i am drawn like a moth to light but i am also pressed for time

Comments

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    Jukeboxes are a great way to fill up on some dj worthy 45s. I have got a couple of lots off ebay of jukebox pulls and I found things like bill withers, natural four, isley brothers, aretha franklin, Kono, marvin gaye as well as plenty of 80s boogie disco and early 90s salt n peppa/pump up the jam type stuff.

Wait are you looking to make money? Might not be your best bet.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    Jukeboxes are a great way to fill up on some dj worthy 45s. I have got a couple of lots off ebay of jukebox pulls and I found things like bill withers, natural four, isley brothers, aretha franklin, Kono, marvin gaye as well as plenty of 80s boogie disco and early 90s salt n peppa/pump up the jam type stuff.

Wait are you looking to make money? Might not be your best bet.

i would love to make the money back i spend. i never look to cake off. more or less i like to collect. use some trade in worthy stuff in exchange for other things i am looking for. sample usage. etc...

making money is the last thing. but i would like to break even if i could. who knows though?

it is more of a time issue.

the guy said "all of the 45's have labels" and i cant picture any money making pieces having labels to display the title on said jukebox.

but yea i am not opposed for dope party shit. i got friends who will trade me for that stuff.

• UnconSciUnconSci 824 Posts
    Yea holler at me if you wanna unload boogie/80s/party shit.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    jukes are sometimes good sometimes awful. i guess it all depends on when the dude had the business. 60s/70s might be good but once they started drifting into the 80s/90s youll start looking through A LOT more crap. you also have to be careful that theyre not all previously played cause sometimes the jukers would throw the returns back into boxes and once a record goes through a jukebox, most of the time, the record comes back out sounding shitty.

my advice... look through what you can and if you cant look pay little for them things. like if youre trying to buy 40,000 pieces and dude ran that business well into the 80s you can tell him youd take the whole thing for a dime a piece or go as high as 15-20 cents. cause really anything more than 50cents and you got took... in my opinion.

good luck!

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    jukes are sometimes good sometimes awful. i guess it all depends on when the dude had the business. 60s/70s might be good but once they started drifting into the 80s/90s youll start looking through A LOT more crap. you also have to be careful that theyre not all previously played cause sometimes the jukers would throw the returns back into boxes and once a record goes through a jukebox, most of the time, the record comes back out sounding shitty.

my advice... look through what you can and if you cant look pay little for them things. like if youre trying to buy 40,000 pieces and dude ran that business well into the 80s you can tell him youd take the whole thing for a dime a piece or go as high as 15-20 cents. cause really anything more than 50cents and you got took... in my opinion.

good luck!

3000 of em. he wants $375 for....

supposedly

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    not a bad price. if you got the dough do it. even if its crap youll find some stuff you want and the rest you can dump on some flea market rat for $200 or so. at least catch some of the dough back.

DO IT!