The Best 2-sided Rock 12" EVAR

HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
Holiday in Cambodia + Police Truck = Now, what says you?

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Not even close to the best EVAR, but for whatever reason I thought of this 12":

Chemical Imbalance & Damage 43 (a Big Boys cover) = had to be there to appreciate

Hey, Ross...this post is specifically here to kick-start you into some good ole fashioned reminiscing....(you probably hated the Skatenigs though). Anyway...

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    THE STROKE B/W THE BIG BEAT

• THE STROKE B/W THE BIG BEAT

thats what i was thinking as soon as i read the subject

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    THE STROKE B/W THE BIG BEAT

Straight up and down GAME SET MATCH.

• THE STROKE B/W THE BIG BEAT

Straight up and down GAME SET MATCH.

Not so fast...Steve Miller "abracadabra" / "macho city"

• Dickless' "I'm A Man"/"Saddle Tramp" 12" on Sub Pop/Tupelo

• Hey, Ross...this post is specifically here to kick-start you into some good ole fashioned reminiscing....(you probably hated the Skatenigs though). Anyway...

Well, to be honest, I didn't hate the Skatenigs, but I also can't remember a damn thing about their music. I do recall that their bassist (?) Lance was really cool and had a funny tattoo: an armband (!) of bananas with Josephine Baker's head in the middle.

Memories of the Backroom, where, if you gave the soundman $5, he'd turn on the smoke machine during your set.

But yeah, I gotta go with Billy Squier on this one. I was way too into his music in junior high.

Plus, Mudhoney didn't really put out 12"s that I know of.

• Plus, Mudhoney didn't really put out 12"s that I know of.

Domestically no, but there were a small handful of 12" singles released through Glitterhouse (not counting the various EP's they released over the years). The one for "This Gift" was good.

In fact, when Mudhoney was making and losing money pre-Nevermind[/b], they were able to release stuff on 12" through Tupelo or Glitterhouse that were only released in the US as 45's, such as the Screaming Trees double 7" (the one with "Change Has Come"). The 45's had four songs, the 12" had an extra song, so (I guess) that's essentially an EP.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Don't forget this braekbeatraer classic:

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts

That's a good one, the Johnny the Fox 12" is a strong contender as well!

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

HAHAHAHAA

• roistoroisto 879 Posts

Holiday in Cambodia + Police Truck =

Now, what says you?

I have to agree on this one. Both sides are

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    i remember being in highschool and seeing a senior wear that DKs tee. i was blown away by the imagery having never seen anything like it before. I just knew i had to see what kind of music that a band like that would make.

• Holiday in Cambodia + Police Truck =

Now, what says you?

I have to agree on this one. Both sides are

i really cant get with much of biafra's vocal stylings but i will have to agree that it doesnt even matter on this 12

• running with the devil 12"

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    running with the devil 12"

That sounds Frickin' awesome.