STANG LP REVIEW REQUEST

GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
anybody know what this sounds like?fuck a price czech, I want a sound czech

Comments

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    anybody know what this sounds like?

fuck a price czech, I want a sound czech

SlightlyChristian-tinged 70s rock, a la Kansas with some Southern-soul-leaning arrangements. It has its scattered moments, if you're into like-minded rock. Not psychy. I'm sure that someone more versed in Rock could come up with a band reference here that's more apropos to HG.

There is a cover variation with gray tones and tan where the blue tones and white are.

It typically doesn't go for much.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    anybody know what this sounds like?

fuck a price czech, I want a sound czech

SlightlyChristian-tinged 70s rock, a la Kansas with some Southern-soul-leaning arrangements. It has its scattered moments, if you're into like-minded rock. Not psychy. I'm sure that someone more versed in Rock could come up with a band reference here that's more apropos to HG.

There is a cover variation with gray tones and tan where the blue tones and white are.

It typically doesn't go for much.

yeah I just grabbed one on the bay for cheap based solely on the label and cool cover art.

Didn't want to wait the week or so for it to arrive before I knew what it sounds like.

I still hold out hope for a few magical moments that make this a worthwhile impulse buy

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    cool cover

cool label

mediocre at best music

sold it a few months after I bought it

• is that the same label Stang that put out the Moments , rimshots and hank ballard or some other crap??

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    the same label Stang that put out the Moments , rimshots and hank ballard

also grabbed this out of a dollar bin about a year ago. I saw it on popsike so I figured someone must want it

• is that the same label Stang that put out the Moments , rimshots and hank ballard

same one, right down to the logo

a while back, i picked up a scorpio reissue of another All Platinum/Stang-issued white rock act called Flood. that wasnt very exciting either