Options

The Knight Rider Premiere

edited February 2008 in Strut Central
Although I missed the idea of a talking car giving life lessons, I was not feeing how Kit was calling Michael, Mike. The girl was dope at least.

Comments

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Although I missed the idea of a talking car giving life lessons, I was not feeing how Kit was calling Michael, Mike. The girl was dope at least.

I watched a bit of it with the sound off because my wife chose that time to go off on a tangent about her job and shit. The show didn't seem intriguing to interrupt her and potentially start a fight, so I saw but not heard it.

I did hear the commercial where KITT calls him Mike. Kitt calling him Michael all the time was one of the best parts. Michael would be in all kinds a trouble and here's KITT calling him by his full name and shit. That was always humorous to me.

And what was with Hasselhoff showing up at the end? I couldn't hear it so I honestly have no idea. Was that Michael Knight dropping some old-school knowledge, or was it some other strange cameo?

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    I only watched the first hour, I checked out at 10 to watch Breaking Bad, but what I saw of K.R. was dull as dishwater.

• I only watched the first hour, I checked out at 10 to watch Breaking Bad, but what I saw of K.R. was dull as dishwater.
    that was pretty cool how they used darondo for the last scene,
    i had to watch the repeat to see it again.

i watched about 10 min of knight rider

I only watched the first hour, I checked out at 10 to watch Breaking Bad, but what I saw of K.R. was dull as dishwater.

first hour? Like there was more than one hour? Indeed. shit did not look that good. It was crazy weak when (do I even need a spoiler alert?) the SUV slams into KITT and suffers major damage, but minutes earlier when the two cars are side by side, one bad guy shoots KITT's driver side window out with one shot. wtf? Should n't KITT be completely bulletproof? He was getting swiss-cheesed up.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

The Darondo was dope, my wife and I were buggin' out. I think it might be time for that show to have its own thread.

• I only saw bits and pieces of this last night but it seemed to fall into the trap a lot of these remakes of older, once-popular shows do. They took something which was completely cheesy and campy and tried to go serious with it. Basically they're taking out a lot of what was fun about the original. The original Knight Rider show knew it was pretty preposterous and completely campy and it reveled in it. It didn't take itself too seriously and it was just kind of fun. The remake last night just seemed to lack that fun and I guess they thought they were doing things right if they just focused a lot on the car. And by the way, did you notice the car was a Ford? Yeah, that's another thing that annoys me, the constant product placement/pimping for the Ford brand. If it wasn't enough that they shoved Ford cars down your throat in the show itself they had all those annoying Ford ads during commercials too. Ugh.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

The Darondo was dope, my wife and I were buggin' out. I think it might be time for that show to have its own thread.

I didn't see the show but I do wonder who the music supervisor was for it. And I hope Double D is gettin' paaaaaid.

Damn! Who knew that I would miss the best part of the show by having the sound off.