The Handshake

13»

Comments

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    they prolly dont use tp, so its best not to shake hands in the first place.

• they prolly dont use tp, so its best not to shake hands in the first place.

The left hand shake in the Middle East is considered a great insult. That's the "wiping" hand.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I hate shaking hands. Most people who want to shake hands are trying to sell you something.

I agree with most whats said:
    Limp - Yuck
    Crusher - Asshole
    Hip hop handshake - just stop.

When I was in high school I learned the "soul" hand shake. This had 3 or 4 steps. They changed every week. So you had to keep up to look cool. Shake hands with the cool guy and then go act cool like you know it with the next guy. I got sick of that and just went back to the salesman handshake. Which is what I do with hip hop dudes who want to shake my hand.

Knuckle bump - Maybe with an 8 year old
    High 5 - see above

I always thought Morris Day and Time were cool with the give me two instead of five.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    With respect to the hiphop handshake, I realized the depths of my innate racism when I unconsciously started giving every black person I met a "pound" -- even in business settings. I knew this is unacceptable so I have since stopped this practice and shake everyone's hand in all settings -- work, social settings, you name it.

• PunditPundit 438 Posts
    It's considered disrespectful to look someone in the eye in Aboriginal culture as well, plus they got vinyl.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Wow, the soulstrut guide on 'How to touch another man'.

• a bit off topic,but I was totally thrown aback when I was in Italy and saw non Gay men holding hands.I have no real problem with this at all.I was about 19 at the time and unaware of this custom.
    It was a bit weird though,when he would not remove his tung from the guy's ass.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

It was a bit weird though,when he would not remove his tung from the guy's ass.

but you swore to me that this is how italian men say hello to one another?