Has this dude been in the news in the States?

markus71markus71 937 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central

Comments

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    Wilders on Soulstrut, who would have thunk it.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    OH HELL NO.

• According to Brian foreigners ofcourse shouldn't comment on this guy....however with a cut like he sports, this has graemlin written all over it.

According to Brian foreigners ofcourse shouldn't comment on this guy....however with a cut like he sports, this has graemlin written all over it.

actually according to Brian logic: its Americans who shouldn't comment... hes Dutch.

Geert Wilders that is, not Brian.

• That's what I meant...I'm dutch and it was meant the other way round.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    alright. so what about the dude?

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts
    alright. so what about the dude?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geert_Wilders

Geert Wilders (born September 6, 1963) is a Dutch right-wing politician. He has been a member of the Tweede Kamer (Dutch House of Representatives) since 1998, first for the People's Party for Freedom and Democracy and from 2006 for the Party for Freedom, a party which he founded and of which he is the political leader. Geert Wilders favors the restriction of immigration, particularly from non-Western countries. A vocal critic of Islam, he has sought to ban the Koran in the Netherlands because he believes it to be in conflict with Dutch law.

(...)

In recent interviews Geert Wilders more than once indicated that the Dutch constitution and European Convention on Human Rights should be changed or temporarily revoked if necessary to better protect the Dutch people from Islamic extremism. He is in favor of stripping criminals with dual nationality of their Dutch citizenship and deporting them to the country of their original nationality. This has led to considerable criticism.

In response to the Jyllands-Posten Muhammad cartoons controversy Wilders published the specific set of cartoons on his website (February 1, 2006), purportedly in support of the Danish cartoonists and freedom of speech. Following his publication, Wilders stated he had received more than 40 death threats in just two days.

(...)

Referring to the increased population of Muslims in the Netherlands, Wilders has said: "Take a walk down the street and see where this is going. You no longer feel like you are living in your own country. There is a battle going on and we have to defend ourselves. Before you know it there will be more mosques than churches!"[9] Later, he suggested that Muslims should 'tear out half of the Koran if they wished to stay in the Netherlands' because it contained 'terrible things' and that Muhammad would 'in these days be hunted down as a terrorist'. These statements caused strong reactions in Muslim countries such as Tunisia, Morocco and Saudi Arabia.[10]

On 8 August 2007, Wilders opined in a letter[11] to the Dutch newspaper De Volkskrant that the Koran, which he called a "fascist book," should be outlawed in the Netherlands, like Adolf Hitler's Mein Kampf.[12] He stated that "The book incites hatred and killing and therefore has no place in our legal order".[13] On 15 August 2007, a representative of the Prosecutors' Office in Amsterdam declared that "dozens of reports" against Wilders had been filed, and that they were all being considered.[14] Due to this position on Islam, the rapper Appa said he did not care if Wilders would be shot in the head. Wilders then charged him with threatening with death. The rapper Appa denied actual threatening, claiming he just wouldn't care and accusing Wilders of doing the same to Muslims.

etc. etc.

• He has made public that he's going to release a film shortly that will show how cruel and intolerant the islam is and that a lot of the things as written in the koran are still being practised today.
    Main reason for Wilders is too cause more social unrest amongst different religions. He's on a hate trip.
    Given the cartoon incident in Denmark a while ago, the dutch government is affraid that a similar situation may occur after the release of this film. Also dutch people working abroad in islamic countries are worried about their safety.

I was curious if this had been brought up in the news in the US.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    the Koran, which he called a "fascist book,"

Wait, so he's opposed to fascism?

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

I was curious if this had been brought up in the news in the US.

Not to my knowledge, no. As soon as the plot thickens with some death threats or actual violence, I'm sure it'll crack the main news broadcasts here.

• Under a fascist regime, there's no way you could be walking around with a haircut like he has.

He's on a hate trip.

Really.

This guy is a nasty piece of work.

fuck him and his haircut.

• I like how he claims to be standing up for "freedom of expression" regarding the cartoons, but wants to ban a book...WTF?!!?!?!?

• DawhudDawhud 213 Posts
    Dude looks like David Lynch

• I like how he claims to be standing up for "freedom of expression" regarding the cartoons, but wants to ban a book...WTF?!!?!?!?

Exactly, he's constantly contradicting himself. One of the characteristics of a demagogue.

• edubedub 715 Posts
    I don't see how this guy is different from every other right-wing freak job, and why he should be paid particular attention to, compared to others.

Granted, his views are NAGL, but what really makes him so news worthy?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I don't see how this guy is different from every other right-wing freak job, and why he should be paid particular attention to, compared to others.

Granted, his views are NAGL, but what really makes him so news worthy?

Because he's actually articulating things which US politicians could only say through code.

• I was curious if this had been brought up in the news in the US.

it's on a lot of blogs but no real mainstream coverage.

this dude will soon be living under 24hr surveillance (if he's not already) to protect him from attempts on his life.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Dude looks like David Lynch if Bill Clinton was crossed with an ugly Dutch guy

• I was curious if this had been brought up in the news in the US.

it's on a lot of blogs but no real mainstream coverage.

this dude will soon be living under 24hr surveillance (if he's not already) to protect him from attempts on his life.

I think he is already.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

• this dude's head is screaming to be graemlin-ized.

"Wilder-ing Out!"

• His wig looks like the ass of a chicken with diarrhoea...unwiped and sundried.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts

Having spent some time in Holland one can feel the tension between morroccans/turkish/Iraq/nigerian immigrants and the Dutch.

It is certainly no secret,nor is the tension veiled.
    Sadly he does represent a large anti immigrant portion of the old school Dutch working class.
    There is a Strong polarizing energy on both sides,with a subtle German influenced nazi undercurrent[the ultimate irony of all-having been NAZI occupied during WW2].I've heard some Dutch folks remark "if you don't like it here,why did you leave your home in the first place?
    Shit is twisted just like racism in amoreikkka.
    I saw a chaotic violent-ass pro palestinian demonstration in amsterdam on the dam rock ,where dudes were tearing up stores,scaring the shit out of merchants with panty hose over they heads and PLO scarves on,robbing and marauding like watts and compton in 92, starting fires and doing the full on street fighting man routine.
    The politite used Tear gas to quell,ATMs were down and heads got knocked.

Like the rest of the planet Holland exemplifies a microcosm of humanity and the endlessly twisted myriad of [inherently human] racial/religious issues.Every second Somewhere and someone on this planet is power tripping,or hung up on color,religion etc.

only an invasion of Frickin' aliens will unite man-[un]kind

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    The Dutch always raising the bar. I like it. Its seems the Dutch government will not stand behind them though. Too bad he lives in a country that houses a very violent sector of muslims, especially Amsterdam.

• deLYSdeLYS 388 Posts
    houses a very violent sector of muslims, especially Amsterdam.
    Ive seen some disgusting ill shit there on par with Vegas in the organized-crime vein, I do understand a bit of the chaos he can whimsically intimate to his 'nativer' citizens to assert control over the fearful. Maybe I never turned down the proper straat.

I think the average 'internationally minded' US citizen has a grasp of whats been going on there since the Van Gogh guy was taken out.

Watching a country as progressive as that have to make such a seemingly 'backwoods/uneducated' reaction in response to its communities upheaval would seem to garner more interest from the States, but our reactionary war was never about any of that real business anyways.

To be honest, we don't have a known 'violent sector of muslims'. Unless the exposes about the secret al qaeda condo village training camp rings true, LOL. So perhaps we're out of our element, But how many violent acts for religious purposes have to happen until people attribute this rep to an area as well? Around here for religion, all it would take is one. But Europe is another animal I know little about in the assimilation department.

Around here we have more people that get MISTOOK for muslim who had to suffer than anywhere else after the world trade, AND muslims dealing with all the bullshit they get confronted with in OUR news now (as if anybody who knew anybody within that community wasn't well aware of the sadness of what they read in their own languages newspapers about all this shit their whole lives) When I heard about Van Gogh and hear about all this shit all I can do is feel bad for any Muslim community especially in Europe where commuting between nations is so easy around that part since the EU, having to deal with the flak that the act of one fundamentalist could bring on them all.

Please tell me, I don't read the wikis so much, is this dude really a Christian martyr shaking things up?(not so likely)Or an opportunist politician asserting control and making power move$ for hi$ con$tituent$ like what happened here? What is he in the position to gain? There was plenty to speculate about Iraq for. Thats my question, I haven't read into this dude at all except that part that he has 40 death threats for a cartoon. It sounds like he's staged it all, but shit could use some sorting out and since you'd legally be smited by your own in the areas where it needs the real sorting, this is what you wind up with.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    houses a very violent sector of muslims, especially Amsterdam.

To be honest, we don't have a known 'violent sector of muslims'. Unless the exposes about the secret al qaeda condo village training camp rings true, LOL.

No disrespect to your wonderful city/country. I was told by many of the professors of the University of Amsterdam, there is an area/neighborhood in Amsterdam that has a high population of muslims who can become/became violent, and advise they we (white folk students from America) not go through that neighborhood. To say the professors are wrong or right is one thing; their sense of violence and fear may be different from our perspective here in America. Either way dude your fuckin' country is on another level of intelligence and development. I only can only salute your country.