Can This Album Get Some Shine?

GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
This shit is underrated can I get an amen?while I'm at it I want to drop some shine on these too

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I ride for the 2 on DeLuxe.

Don't have the moder-looking ones.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,848 Posts

I'll ride. Records like those keep me from getting skunked when I hit up the local Goodwill.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

The two on Carnival (reissued on Collectables) are pretty good as well.

Actually, those two albums shown here are a little early to be modern - '73 and '74, to be exact. And the one from '74 (beige cover with the Manhattan city skyline) has an entire side of older Deluxe recordings.

And I forget his name, but the Manhattans had the coolest rapping bassman this side of the Ink Spots.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Actually, those two albums shown here are a little early to be modern - '73 and '74, to be exact. And the one from '74 (beige cover with the Manhattan city skyline) has an entire side of older Deluxe recordings.

RESPECT THE GOODNESS

$5 well spont for both of those early-mid 70's joints.

Art Laboe heads know whats up with the sweetness that is "Theres No Me Without You"

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Ad*m, get back on AIM. I have amusing things to say, but no one to listen to it.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

RESPECT THE GOODNESS

$5 well spont for both of those early-mid 70's joints.

Art Laboe heads know whats up with the sweetness that is "Theres No Me Without You"

I'll show you some goodness to respect...their 1980 greatest hits album on Columbia, which is one of the most consistently good best-ofs ever. If "Shining Star" or "We Never Danced To A Love Song"*** doesn't convince you, your soul's got a hole in it.

[color:red]***with that hilarious intro meant to simulate a gymnasium dance or something, featuring a disco-ish song ending and people applauding before the song itself - a slow love song, of course - starts up [/color]