Heath Ledger DEAD!!!!

2»

Comments

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    dam, thats too bad. I always thought he was a dope actor. I just saw Candy the other day with him and Abbie Cormish...insane movie with both of them as junkies.
    I just saw this movie the other day. I was shocked to read this news today. I really hope he didn't go too deep into the "method" to play his role in Candy, because that would make it even worse.

Dude definitely played his dues and got his weight up in the film game, that's for sure. I mean, the guy was in 10 Things I Hate About You. He came a long way. R.I.P.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    First Brad Renfro, now Heath...

Not in the same gang.

two male actors, with moderate success, each in their 20s, dying from drugs within a week apart? uh yeah, there are in the same exact gang. RIP to them both.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Not in the same gang.

two male actors, with moderate success,

Have you looked at their respective filmographies lately? Not really comparable. RIP to both of them but all they share in common is bad timing.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Wasn't he in that joint where he played a knight who romanced Shannon Sossymon (sp) and the soundtrack was a mash-up of jock rock, hiphop, and medieval tunes? That movie was banging.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,848 Posts

Not in the same gang.

two male actors, with moderate success,

Have you looked at their respective filmographies lately? Not really comparable. RIP to both of them but all they share in common is bad timing.

The main difference for me, is that with Renfro, you could see it coming. I don't ever recall seeing Ledger in the tabloids. I'm still not convinced this was illegal drug-related, although that's an easy assumption these days.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    In one of the recent interviews that is being quoted he said that he hadn't been sleeping since playing the Joker. He got into the role pretty heavy and it seemed to trouble him to come to terms with what a person like the Joker would actually be like. He had been taking sleeping pills to get back to normal sleep. He said they only lasted a couple hours, so it seems he might have overdosed just trying to get a full nights sleep. Just a theory.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Damn, I've always liked Ledger in films (even in 10 Things I Hate About You), it certainly looked like he was about to blow up big time and I would have been interested to see where his post Batman fame took him as he's always seem determined to avoid the normal heart throb roles. Can't believe he was only 28. RIP.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    In one of the recent interviews that is being quoted he said that he hadn't been sleeping since playing the Joker. He got into the role pretty heavy and it seemed to trouble him to come to terms with what a person like the Joker would actually be like. He had been taking sleeping pills to get back to normal sleep. He said they only lasted a couple hours, so it seems he might have overdosed just trying to get a full nights sleep. Just a theory.

the joker pwns.

No seriously, i heard it was just ambien. Can you die from those?

R.I.P. anyways.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    It's so easy to look at this and just pass judgment over the internet. None of us personally knew the real him, and none of us knew his motivations. What we do know is that a very young upcoming actor who was about to give his breakthrough performance is gone. He left behind a wife and 2 year old daughter who will now be subjected to a terrible amount of paparazzi and news reporters. It's going to be real difficult for alot of people to deal with this death, but overall he was just a man and should be respected.

Rest in peace.

- spidey

amen.

and man he was mmmmmmmmmm-mmmmmm-mm-mmmmmmmmm too, with respect to Gods creatures of course.
    (Can I say that here? )
    OTC sleeping pills can be fucked up. I took two the other night and dammmmn, i can't believe its legal.

RIP...thoughts to his child, wife, and family.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Shocking.

He always seemed cool.

And if you have not seen it,Two Hands is a great movie.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
    Dude definitely played his dues and got his weight up in the film game, that's for sure. I mean, the guy was in 10 Things I Hate About You. He came a long way. R.I.P.

I liked that movie, and thought he was, in all seriousness, great in it. Those kind of teen comedies are something of a guilty pleasure of mine, but I never watch them with the expectation that I'll see a confident, assured performance from an unknown with genuine charisma and screen presence. I agree that he definitely grew quickly as an actor over his short career, but his potential was there to see for anyone who bothered to look.

28 is no age to die, either. RIP.

I liked that movie, and thought he was, in all seriousness, great in it. Those kind of teen comedies are something of a guilty pleasure of mine, but I never watch them with the expectation that I'll see a confident, assured performance from an unknown with genuine charisma and screen presence. I agree that he definitely grew quickly as an actor over his short career, but his potential was there to see for anyone who bothered to look.

28 is no age to die, either. RIP.

Yeah. Like many, I thought of River Phoenix (only 23!).

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Pimp C dies with all of his clothes on with no drugs present and we still hear media outlets trying to point to syzurp-sipping or some other make-it-up-as-you-go-along shit.

Heath Ledger dies naked surrounded by drugs and media outlets bend over backwards to make it seem like a 100% innocent freak accident.

How ya gotta love America...

• "When he was found this afternoon in the apartment of MARY-KATE OLSEN, according to the New York Times, and pills were strewn across his bedroom, his housekeeper told police. It was unclear if it was an intentional or accidental death." NY Post

I've read the above sentence many times and I still have no clue what it means. "When....and...."

• "When he was found this afternoon in the apartment of MARY-KATE OLSEN, according to the New York Times, and pills were strewn across his bedroom, his housekeeper told police. It was unclear if it was an intentional or accidental death." NY Post

I've read the above sentence many times and I still have no clue what it means. "When....and...."

Man, those Olsen twins get around...

Man, those Olsen twins get around...

The quote makes no sense. It refers to MKO's apt but his bedroom and housekeeper.

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    They're saying they found a rolled up $20 bill with a powdery substance on it and 2 empty packages in his coat. To the coke thread, Batman!

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,848 Posts
    They're saying they found a rolled up $20 bill with a powdery substance on it and 2 empty packages in his coat. To the coke thread, Batman!

Link?

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    Some guy from TMZ said it on CNN. Guess they have a site.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Some guy from TMZ said it on CNN. Guess they have a site.

Evidently, TMZ is also saying that he was taking Ambien and possibly had pneumonia at the time. Ambien isn't supposed to be taken by people with respiratory ailments or shortness of breath.

Ambien + Pneumonia + possibly a little China White?

http://www.tmz.com/2008/01/22/heath-had-pneumonia/

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    I doubt blow goes well with shortness of breath either.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    I doubt blow goes well with shortness of breath either.

True indeed. It's unfortunate because it's not like dude was on some Amy Winehouse shit. I read that he was worked up over his role as Joker and was having trouble sleeping, which is why he was Frickin' with sleep aids. I know the jury's out on cause of death, but it seemed like he was just a really devoted actor rather than a party monster.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    almost eerie how he looked liked the Crow...awful

that's two deaths of members of Dark Knight

Brandon Lee Steez for real.

• Pimp C dies with all of his clothes on with no drugs present and we still hear media outlets trying to point to syzurp-sipping or some other make-it-up-as-you-go-along shit.

Heath Ledger dies naked surrounded by drugs and media outlets bend over backwards to make it seem like a 100% innocent freak accident.

really? i mean i think the media is pointing to drugs in this ledger case. but thats beside the point. doesnt pimp c have numerous songs where he talks about syrup or whatevers? i mean, maybe thats why the media jumped on it. everyone i know that does that cough syrup codeine shit says pimp c died of syrup. of course, it doesnt really matter to me either way. for both of them. im just saying.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Pimp C dies with all of his clothes on with no drugs present and we still hear media outlets trying to point to syzurp-sipping or some other make-it-up-as-you-go-along shit.

really? i mean i think the media is pointing to drugs in this ledger case. but thats beside the point. doesnt pimp c have numerous songs where he talks about syrup or whatevers? i mean, maybe thats why the media jumped on it. everyone i know that does that cough syrup codeine shit says pimp c died of syrup. of course, it doesnt really matter to me either way. for both of them. im just saying.

That sleeping pills shit came out real fast.

I call spin doctoring by the Hollywood machine/savvy publicists.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    everyone i know that does that cough syrup codeine shit says pimp c died of syrup.

Well, all of those people are WRONG.

• everyone i know that does that cough syrup codeine shit says pimp c died of syrup.

Well, all of those people are HIGH.

exactly. i am saying, is it the media? cuz it was barely a sidebar. or is it dudes in the streets? if anything, heath ledger gets more screen time on the news and definately more sympathy. which is kinda lame i think. but this whole "the media" thing isnt really true.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts

The australian media is bending over backwards to make it look like it was either drug related or suicide. I don't know where the whole olsen thing came from as well. She denies owning the apartment. You think once the media worked out that this was a mistake then they wouldn't mention it anymore. Yet every story has at least one paragraph about it.

The australian media is bending over backwards to make it look like it was either drug related or suicide. I don't know where the whole olsen thing came from as well. She denies owning the apartment. You think once the media worked out that this was a mistake then they wouldn't mention it anymore. Yet every story has at least one paragraph about it.

For real - Ledger's death demonstrates how insane rumor passes for news. TMZ is clearly part of the problem though, one should note, they update with EVERYTHING, including trying to recant on shit they've said earlier...doesn't quite balance out in my book but in an odd way, it's more responsible than how other mainstream media picks up on things but doesn't have the benefit of minute-by-minute updating.

This all said, Ledger may not have been a hardcore drug user but from what I understand, no one should be surprised by whatever the toxicology report turns up.