Mac help (syslogd going crazy)

dayday 9,611 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
Is anyone else having a problem with their system log (syslogd) going crazy?For the last week or so it turns on out of nowhere and runs non-stop eating up 100% CPU. I'm not the only one having the problem apparently. I thought with all the Mac users on here someone might know?

Comments

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    maybe this one helps.

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    This has me curious as I'm planning on switching to Leopard soon.

Did you install Leopard using an Erase & Install or an Upgrade & Install? I'm sure you've read the posts that claim that the problem seems to arise after an Erase & Install due perhaps to missing drivers ... whereas an Upgrade & Install likely maintains some drivers from Tiger, apparently avoiding this problem.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    This has me curious as I'm planning on switching to Leopard soon.

Did you install Leopard using an Erase & Install or an Upgrade & Install? I'm sure you've read the posts that claim that the problem seems to arise after an Erase & Install due perhaps to missing drivers ... whereas an Upgrade & Install likely maintains some drivers from Tiger, apparently avoiding this problem.

I read conflicting things about it being Leopard install related, that's why I posted the thread here in case anyone knew what exactly the problem is.
    I did an erase and install, so that very well may be it. I'll keep searching for more info on it. I have a gig tomorrow night and the last thing I need is my CPU shooting to 100% in the middle of my set

• cardovacardova 743 Posts
    Sorry can't help here but gotta say Snagglepus your avatar is killing me!