bay strutters...(weather related)

2»

Comments

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Only in the Bay Area would weather like this be considered extreme. All the news stations make this sound like armageddon. This is a pretty normal storm in most other parts of the country.

Could you imagine the armageddon that would occur if it actually snowed here?

Ha, I've joked about that a lot since moving out here. SF would be completely fucked, and people would freak the hell out.

not only freak out but people here wouldn't know how to drive. the bay is already full of horrible drivers. can you imagine if they tried to drive when it was snowing? scary thought.

My thoughts exactly. People here don't know how to drive, and they bug out as soon as the road gets wet. Even a dusting of snow would make them look like they'd never driven before in their lives.

• Only in the Bay Area would weather like this be considered extreme. All the news stations make this sound like armageddon. This is a pretty normal storm in most other parts of the country.

Ha, I've joked about that a lot since moving out here. SF would be completely fucked, and people would freak the hell out.

not only freak out but people here wouldn't know how to drive. the bay is already full of horrible drivers. can you imagine if they tried to drive when it was snowing? scary thought.

My thoughts exactly. People here don't know how to drive, and they bug out as soon as the road gets wet. Even a dusting of snow would make them look like they'd never driven before in their lives.

Yes. I am reminded of this every time I leave this state. People that actually use the passing lane for passing and not putting along on their phone. people that use their turn signals (my biggest pet peave as a driver and a bike rider). People that actually stop at stop signs.

I feel like I'm geetting old (snitch related) but I have called three of those phone #'s on the back of commercial vehicles in the past week. I guess I'm just fed up of getting cut off and getting run off the road. If you drive for a profession, shouldn't you know how to drive?

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    As my wife puts it, once it starts raining here half the people start driving too fast and half the people start driving too slow. I'd say the majority of drivers in the Bay do know how to drive in bad weather, but it only takes a few idiots to ruin the party for everyone, and because bad weather is raer here they're not culled from the herd. Another factor is that if it rains after a long dry period the roads are extra slick due to the buildup of road grease, and as we all know it basically doesn't rain here from April to October. Several years ago I was going up 280 from Palo Alto to SF during the first significant rain of the season and I counted 9 different wrecks or spun out cars in that 30 mile span, and it wasn't even the peak of the commute.

• Only in the Bay Area would weather like this be considered extreme. All the news stations make this sound like armageddon. This is a pretty normal storm in most other parts of the country.

Yes. I am reminded of this every time I leave this state. People that actually use the passing lane for passing and not putting along on their phone. people that use their turn signals (my biggest pet peave as a driver and a bike rider). People that actually stop at stop signs.

I feel like I'm geetting old (snitch related) but I have called three of those phone #'s on the back of commercial vehicles in the past week. I guess I'm just fed up of getting cut off and getting run off the road. If you drive for a profession, shouldn't you know how to drive?

U SOUND OLD SON! SACK UP!

but yo, it??s maaaaaaaaad windy down here. Power Outages etc..

• sergserg 682 Posts
    man today sucked, trees are falling all over golden gate park. Saw a brand new camry that got its roof caved in when we stopped to move a coworkers car that was across the street from it.

Saw a bunch of full grown trees that got ripped out of the ground.

bunch of trees down at mission bay now look like the number seven.

I am so Frickin' glad I am not on call this week, handed the shit over to another dude on wed and he is straight FUCKED this weekend.