price czech: Jumbo "Bigger and Better"

fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
on leonard productions with bunky green...anybody have info on this lp? google is shooting blanks

Comments

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    found that one in barca Noah ?

• hey jef, what is barca?

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    i thought ya were in Barcelona.

btw best wishes

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    on leonard productions with bunky green...anybody have info on this lp? google is shooting blanks

Had a copy earlier this year.....$175-$250.....Mint.

Love the Mountain cover.

• .$175-$250.....Mint

for real? thanks man..

here's a track form the album if anyone wants to hear: http://www.vinylvulture.co.uk/sounds/jumbo.mp3

jef: heading to barcelona in a couple of weeks and hopefully coming down to amsterdam again in the very near future. will keep ya posted.

happy new years everybody

• Had a copy earlier this year.....$175-$250.....Mint.

Love the Mountain cover.

That's not polite... funny tho... haha...
    $10 max. I had a copy and forget what I did with it. Either threw it out or gave it away.

Love the Mountain cover.

$10 max. I had a copy and forget what I did with it. Either threw it out or gave it away.

I'll pay $100 right now for a M- copy.

• Had a copy earlier this year.....$175-$250.....Mint.

Love the Mountain cover.

Seriously? What is the story, is jazzman gerald going to reissue it?

The clip fishmonger posted is the best I think... the rest I remember as limp big band funk, like you'd expect on a tepid college band record.

Love the Mountain cover.

Seriously? What is the story, is jazzman gerald going to reissue it?

The clip fishmonger posted is the best I think... the rest I remember as limp big band funk, like you'd expect on a tepid college band record.

Don't know who Gerald is but this LP is pretty darn good....they do a great funky cover of Mountain's "Theme For An Imaginary Western" and I'd say 1/2 of it is as good as the posted clip. Plus it's virtually unknown.....when I had it in Austin this past show folks like CoolChris, Aleit and some dude named Josh had never seen it before and at least 2 of them really dug it.

It wound up going to the West Coast.

Please find me a copy for cheap.

• Don't know who Gerald is but this LP is pretty darn good....they do a great funky cover of Mountain's "Theme For An Imaginary Western" and I'd say 1/2 of it is as good as the posted clip. Plus it's virtually unknown.....when I had it in Austin this past show folks like CoolChris, Aleit and some dude named Josh had never seen it before and at least 2 of them really dug it.

Well, fishmongerfunk got his copy from ebay for $8 after it was relisted for $10 with no bidders. This wasn't the first, I got two copies for that or less in the last few years, after a friend recommended it. I don't think it's "in demand" so doesn't pull a high price tag. Not meant as an insult to your taste or the record, tho I confess to not be a huge fan, the sound clip posted does sound good to me so maybe I need to re-acquire. Hang tight and watch the usual online sources my good man.

Don't know who Gerald is but this LP is pretty darn good....they do a great funky cover of Mountain's "Theme For An Imaginary Western" and I'd say 1/2 of it is as good as the posted clip. Plus it's virtually unknown.....when I had it in Austin this past show folks like CoolChris, Aleit and some dude named Josh had never seen it before and at least 2 of them really dug it.

Well, fishmongerfunk got his copy from ebay for $8 after it was relisted for $10 with no bidders. This wasn't the first, I got two copies for that or less in the last few years, after a friend recommended it. I don't think it's "in demand" so doesn't pull a high price tag. Not meant as an insult to your taste or the record, tho I confess to not be a huge fan, the sound clip posted does sound good to me so maybe I need to re-acquire. Hang tight and watch the usual online sources my good man.
    I'll be on the look-out....I do have someone who will pay good $$$ for it......Ebay is a beautiful thing......first copy of Stud Cole on ebay sold for five bucks.....second copy a few months later went for a grand....it's all about who is hip to it......I'm betting the soundclip Fish posted has a few folks interested in Jumbo now......let the sniping begin.