UPP (Epic Records)

pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
For a white band discovered by Jeff Beck during his "fusion jazz" period, Upp's two albums on the Epic label funk hard. I'd rather listen to Upp than AWB, for sure. Anyone else familiar with these guys?

Comments

• UPP was on UBB so people are probly familiar
    the record with the steps has some niceness

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    Anyone else familiar with these guys?

with the first two albums, first one is the better one imo, features the classic uptempo breakbeat track give it to you which is also comped on ultimate breaks and beats vol?, and sampled by the jungle bros, and its not just about the drumbreak, that groove is pretty spicy, spacedout english rhodes thingy!!!

• CraigCraig 269 Posts
    Ive got both lp's and it's been a while since ive had them on but they are both quality. Especially the first one with "give it to you on".

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    UPP was on UBB so people are probly familiar
    the record with the steps has some niceness

I actually got that record from you, Tony.

It's a mystery...

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    Killer cover. Very funky jazz rock with plenty of breaks. My only beef is the singing, which is

• I ride for the "steps" record in a real way. Long-time favorite around these parts

• Anyone else familiar with these guys?

with the first two albums, first one is the better one imo, features the classic uptempo breakbeat track give it to you which is also comped on ultimate breaks and beats vol?, and sampled by the jungle bros, and its not just about the drumbreak, that groove is pretty spicy, spacedout english rhodes thingy!!!

Primo flipped it on Jeru's "D'Original" too...That whole album is really solid...Haven't heard their other joint though.

• with the first two albums

as best as i can tell, they only had two

• Their "Never Gonna Turn My Back On You" is a superb track. Available on a nice Epic 7" as well.

• Their "Never Gonna Turn My Back On You" is a superb track. Available on a nice Epic 7" as well.
    Not to mention a very nice Epic 12"

• It's a mystery...

This is the dope jam.