D'Angelo Maxwell

2»

Comments

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    I dunno how/why Maxwell ever got lumped with D'Angelo. D'Angelo is fresh. Maxwell always was/is/will be SOFT AS FUCK. His music is weak. Bye.

your playing yourself.[/b]

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Dangelo: I fucked like crazy to his first album.

Maxwell; I fucked like crazy to his first and second albums

T.T. Darby: If you cant get down with 'holding on to you' then you have no soul.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I lumped them together because it seems like they put out two great R&B records around the same time them poof... disappeared.

They are joined at the hip because that started the NEO SOUL movement, along wif Badu.

Some say that the "creation" of Neo-soul started with Tony! Toni! Ton??! (and also some crediting Mint Condition as well) but it was definitely the D'Angelo, Maxwell and Badu triumvirate that solidified it.

Of course theres a gang of artists who were channeling their roots before Maxwell/D'Angelo/Badu.
    Those three along w/ Kedar Massenburg helped make it into an industry formula/movement/lifestyle.

TTD'arby and Anita Baker = Proto Neo Soul

Even some of that Cherish The Day Remix by Sade w/ that Hip Hop Beat behind it predates the Movement.
    What's the name of that beat?

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    what the heck has d'angelos weight got to do with his music? dude went loony cause people were telling him the things were linked? barry white was no skinny brother

• the shagging tunes