greatest clock radio alarm tune this AM

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
usually, the radio is tuned to NPR, but for some reason it was on another station and the clock radio came on with Rufus Thomas "Push and Pull"...wasnt expecting that!

Comments

• usually, the radio is tuned to NPR, but for some reason it was on another station and the clock radio came on with Rufus Thomas "Push and Pull"...wasnt expecting that!

I think the next question is, what was the station? Was it a dusties*** channel that happened to play something unexpected?

[color: red]***dusties - Chicago slang for "R&B oldies"[/color]

• usually, the radio is tuned to NPR, but for some reason it was on another station and the clock radio came on with Rufus Thomas "Push and Pull"...wasnt expecting that!

I think the next question is, what was the station? Was it a dusties*** channel that happened to play something unexpected?

[color: red]***dusties - Chicago slang for "R&B oldies"[/color]

it was the Public Library radio station...my girl had been listening to some program ont here before she went to bed...turns out they play nothing but Memphis music in the AM(I was unaware of this fact)...will have to keep it tuned there for pleasant wake ups...except they might play Dog Police...

I think the next question is, what was the station? Was it a dusties channel that happened to play something unexpected?

it was the Public Library radio station...my girl had been listening to some program ont here before she went to bed...turns out they play nothing but Memphis music in the AM(I was unaware of this fact)...will have to keep it tuned there for pleasant wake ups...except they might play Dog Police...

if its the station im thinking of, they had some really good afternoon country/bluegrass shows when i was out there

I think the next question is, what was the station? Was it a dusties channel that happened to play something unexpected?

if its the station im thinking of, they had some really good afternoon country/bluegrass shows when i was out there

youre probably thinking of WEVL, thats the radio station where I DJ. There is a great country/bluegrass show on there, hosted by this old dude Bashful Bob, you probably caught one of his shows... the Library radio station is mostly informational programs during the day, and Memphis High School football/basketball games at night...I didnt know they played music in the AM...

• youre probably thinking of WEVL, thats the radio station where I DJ.

So what kind of stuff do you play?

• youre probably thinking of WEVL, thats the radio station where I DJ.

So what kind of stuff do you play?

on Wednesdays 10 to Midnight Andrew and I have a Soul and R&B show called "In The Basement"(we usually alternate weeks), and once a month on Sunday Noon to 2PM(this coming up sunday, but I am trying to get it on every Sunday instead of just once a month) I do 60s and 70s heavy/underground rock show. Also this month and next month I get to do a couple Jazz shows as the regular host cant do them, its called "Songs for My Father"...Im the new guy at the station, so they have me filling in wherever they can use me if I am comfortable with/have plenty of material for the particular show...