Paul Wall's Open Secret (he's white!)

Comments

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    some white dudes aint white...like Hogg Wall,Faux Wall,Bam Wall,B.Cause Wall,Daze Wall,Chan Wall and Rey Wall

• wooshiewooshie 490 Posts
    5). HE'S THE PEOPLE CHAMP!

that's taking it a little too far...

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    I think it is a southern thing - a bit more laid back when it comes to speaking out on racial differences.

Ehhhhuuuhhh?

Bzzzt, wrong answer on that one. From my personal experience, anyway.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Paul Wall looks like Punky Brewster's little brother (white).

Bonus shot:

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    5). HE'S THE PEOPLE CHAMP!

that's taking it a little too far...

you don't listen to much Paul Wall do you?

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    some white dudes aint white...like Hogg Wall,Faux Wall,Bam Wall,B.Cause Wall,Daze Wall,Chan Wall and Rey Wall

Nah, Cajuns are white. We just have better recipes than most white folk.

I know you meant it as a compliment, though, Jerm, so thanks.

And quit scratchin' your balls.

never even heard of him until this thread came along...

is coming like ali part of his non-racial approach?

• Ask anyone, I'm Tahitian.

spick crackers?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    This, however, is not a good look:

Chopped and Screwed music has been doing it real big in the city of Houston for hip-hop, but now Paul Wall is going to attempt something that not many thought would happen - Chopped and Screwed Rock! Paul Wall has linked up with punk group The Transplants to deliver rock's first chopped and screwed album. The album, titled Haunted Cities, has recently been released and features the likes of B-Real and Sen Dog of Cypress Hill, Dilated People's Rakaa and the Boo-Yaa T.R.I.B.E.

punk group The Transplants

The homie PONE is their DJ! Can't wait to hear the tour stories.

Ask anyone, I'm Tahitian.

You're one fruity treat, all right.

KEESES!

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

hahahahahahahaha

• white guys that are already co-signed by a gang of black dudes are ...not really addressed as being white..if your a white guy rolling solo INTO a black "situation" then i think your whiteness will be observed and addressed...but everytime a white guy pops up among my black friends i'm less likely to reference his race (and/or i usually assume he's our outside shooter!)

paul wall is cool by association..therefore references to his race (positive or negative) are a rare instance..

and i'll take it a step further..white guys that roll in a crew of blacks are occasional viewed as "the mascot"..not in a negative manner either...if you ever see "still tippin" performed in front of a black crowd or white crowd, you'll know what i mean..expect mr. wall to blow up.

• Salary_DizSalary_Diz 735 Posts
    I didn't make ed's wall list because he knows..... it doesn't get any whiter than me! Ask those that saw the dizzy bull dance at the last party.....

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I went through a "shit, is paul wall my favorite emcee right now because he's white?" phase.

but more importantly dude *reportedly* said "my bumper draggin like james byrd" and "got more chains than a slavemaster." (so says government names )

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts

I don't know what's wacker him or the fact that he is sporting a shirt with a picture of himself on the front...

Paul Wall is a great look

Paul Wall's shirt is a great look

Paul Wall could get boppas even if he looked like you
    The shirt is fiya! Look at him....Why do we even have to discuss this..Peoples Champ right there

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    When he was the avatar to make fun of here, I didn't know who the hell he was. Then he did that video, the one with (who?) Mike Jones. What struck me about that song, more than anything, was that Paul Wall had (arguably) the best flow.

I like the new song that's out now, and I'm actually looking to hearing the full album. I couldn't get into (who?) Mike Jones' album. Music was alright, but it always sounded like he had orange peel in his mouth. Then again, he's not making music for me.

I do like that Slim Thug track produced by The Neptunes, that I really like.

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    man that govmnt names dude doesn't like paul wall, appaently he really doesn't like anyone who changes at all or progresses as an artist. Is he from houston? He seems to act like he knows exactly ahts up but isn't he from Bmore? It pretty much reads like some hatterade.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    When he was the avatar to make fun of here, I didn't know who the hell he was.

Who was trying to clown Paul Wall on here? Why wasn't I informed of this?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Is he from houston? He seems to act like he knows exactly ahts up but isn't he from Bmore? It pretty much reads like some hatterade.

One of those guys is from Baltimore, but the one that wrote that piece--I think--is from Toronto. Nothing wrong with that, but it is weird to be criticizing an artist on the basis of his neighborhood affiliations when you reside on a different corner of the continent.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    One of those guys is from Baltimore, but the one that wrote that piece--I think--is from Toronto.

saying, it reads like he lived on the northside of Houston and been running with Paul and Cham for years

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    Nothing wrong with that, but it is weird to be criticizing an artist on the basis of his neighborhood affiliations when you reside on a different corner of the continent.
    my point exactly! co-sign etc. etc.

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    or maybe no one cares 'cause he's THAT fucking dude.

throws parties all the time

dj's

gotta nice flow.

looks out for his people

and he makes teeth for EVERYBODY

• I HIGHLY doubt that dude said anything about dragging like james byrd or more chains than a slave master, someone please show me where that was actually said...

was that in the govt names post? id idnt see that....

thats fucked up, dont even joke like that.

read the last lines, by bun b, in the new xxl story on paul. its basically how it is. thats all thats it. we're in texas here. whole different world. not trippin like that.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I HIGHLY doubt that dude said anything about dragging like james byrd or more chains than a slave master, someone please show me where that was actually said...

was that in the govt names post? id idnt see that....

thats fucked up, dont even joke like that.

I wouldn't--

but it's here...

"...got more (screw in the deck than tim the tool man, chains than slave masters [you think that's bad? remember his line about his bumper kit dragging like james byrd?]..."

I mean really, what the fuck do I know about Paul Wall, but unless I been misreading GN for a minute now, dude's serious about Paul sayin that shit. I don't know where he said it.

• oxnardcoreoxnardcore 141 Posts

Is the the first white rapper whose race is a non-issue?

what about

http://3rdbass.disgruntledhuman.com

Is the the first white rapper whose race is a non-issue?

Nope. Half their shit was talkin' about how they were white, wasn't it? Plus, I don't think they were really accepted by blacks all that widely.

But I think they came closer than any other white dudes.

This guy is really hoping he gains the same acceptance (but I don't really see it happenin'):

See for yourself: http://www.myspace.com/payday1

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts

So fucking serious right now.

• So fucking serious right now.

ha..dope.

Its kinda crazy seeing a guy like Paul blow up on this kinda level. There is such a possible fanbase for dude down here. He's the first southern white thug rapper to get nationwide radio/club spins. Still..the hood aint gonna be into him too much..but then again..he aint gonna get clowned like Eminem(yet at least). Lets just hope he doesnt start dissing Kelly Clarkson and Jessica Simpson in his raps. Still..I enjoy listening to him...and could use a CD-R or mp3 of that mixtape if anyone gots.