Amiri Baraka Price Czech

dmacdmac 472 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
The Advanced Workers with the Anti-Imperialist Singers"You Was Dancin Need to be Marchin So You Can Dance Some More Later On" b/w "Better Red Let Others Be Dead" [Peoples War Records, 1975?]Really heavy communist funk 45 written by Amiri Baraka, Jio Williams and Winston Sims. Arranged by Winston Sims. Produced by Amiri Baraka; Co-Producer Al Vanderbilt.Can't find any direct reference to it anywhere, which tells me it is hella rare. Anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    Was in the re:discoveries section of Wax Poetics. The one with Mandrill on the cover.

It's not the easiest to find 45 but I don't think you have A Black Mass in your hands.

• Was in the re:discoveries section of Wax Poetics. The one with Mandrill on the cover.

And if you're into researching old rock magazines at the library, Rolling Stone ran a brief blurb about this band in their "Random Notes" section. With a photo yet. It was in some issue from late '76 or early '77 with Peter Frampton on the cover. That's how I first heard about it. And when funk became the new collector's craze, I knew people were gonna be asking questions about THIS one. But I have yet to see or hear a copy.

• dmacdmac 472 Posts
    It's not the easiest to find 45 but I don't think you have A Black Mass in your hands.

Perhaps. But until my copy of Wax Poetics arrives, I am remaining hopeful and filing this until 'heat.'
    If only because I need cash to continue to renovate my house.