THE WORD SWAGGER:

Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
When did this word become so damn ubiquitous when judging rap dudez? Especially with the internet dudes, who pretty much have lived a lifetime devoid of swaggerdom.I'm serious.Young_PhonakaJimmy Swaggert

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    When did this word become so damn ubiquitous when judging rap dudez? Especially with the internet dudes, who pretty much have lived a lifetime devoid of swaggerdom.

I'm serious.

Young_Phon

aka

Jimmy Swaggert

It's kind of passe now; it peaked about two years ago.

--Mick Swagger

• --Mick Swagger

Well played, sir. It's very fitting by the way, since you both dance the same.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    I savored the use of obstreperous[/b] in the Monkey thread.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    About the same time that everyone's dirt weed magically became 'dro.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

ZING!

I'd say it became popular about the same time people tried to somehow justify thinking Jim Jones was any good at all. "Sure, he sucks as a rapper, but he's got...ummm...he's got...let's see...he's gotta have something...oh, I know: Swagger!"

• About the same time that everyone's dirt weed magically became 'dro.

ZING!

I'd say it became popular about the same time people tried to somehow justify thinking Jim Jones was any good at all. "Sure, he sucks as a rapper, but he's got...ummm...he's got...let's see...he's gotta have something...oh, I know: Swagger!"

PANACHE and MOXY > SWAGGER.

or better yet..

"That new Jay....that fool came with the Hutzspa on 'Roc Boyz'"

Enki:

You should know, the bay has the best weed. If you're getting that dirt weed...you need to stop shopping at people's park.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

ZING!

PANACHE and MOXY > SWAGGER.

or better yet..

"That new Jay....that fool came with the Hutzspa on 'Roc Boyz'"

Enki:

You should know, the bay has the best weed. If you're getting that dirt weed...you need to stop shopping at people's park.

I heartily endorse bringing "chutzpah" into the realm of rippity-rap slanguage.

And Bay weed = that rill schitt. After four years of smoking that chipped-off-the-brick dirt brown in NC, the greenery out here was like a revelation.

• Everytime i'm out of State and the oppurtunity comes up to smoke I pass, no matter what. L.A. has some good weed by the way.

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    loc:
    a lifetime devoid of swaggerdom.

Thank you, sir.

Otto Van Swagmark

• a creepy (and more than a little homoerotic) benchmark favored by 50-cent-obsessed stans on the intertubes.

Everytime i'm out of State and the oppurtunity comes up to smoke I pass, no matter what. L.A. has some good weed by the way.

What an herb.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Everytime i'm out of State and the oppurtunity comes up to smoke I pass, no matter what. L.A. has some good weed by the way.

What an herb.

Herb in that sense does not have a silent "H".

And "Swagger" is probably one of the gayest things ever. And I mean gay as in same sex lovin' type gay, not as a perjorative per se.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Related question - Who first coined the term "Swagger Jacker" and what rapper did it initially refer to?

• I would like to add "lames" to the list of strangely over-used rap words these days.

I don't know the origin of it, but I feel like T.I. was the first time I heard it and noticed the word. I seem to hear it more and more from other rap dudes.

I saw Keyshia Cole on some show and she kept saying someone had that swagger. Over and over. It sounded so phony.

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    I saw Keyshia Cole on some show and she kept saying someone had that swagger. Over and over. It sounded so phony.

Sounds like your living a life devoid of swaggerdom, bro.

-Philip Seymour Swagman

• I saw Keyshia Cole on some show and she kept saying someone had that swagger. Over and over. It sounded so phony.

I think I am. I am totally fine with that.

I've got no beef with Keyshia Cole. Just the use of swagger about 5 times in a 30 second span.

What an herb.

Correction:

What a ninny.

Good?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

-Philip Seymour Swagman

"Philip Swagmour Hoffman" would roll of the tongue a little better, no (pause)?

• [Girl 1:] Oh cutie got it goin' ON!
    [Girl 2:] Cute? What? That dirty motherfucker?
    [Girl 1:] You buggin'!
    [Girl 2:] Ain't no buggin', he's some ugly motherfucker.
    [Girl 1:] You buggin', no -- look at his disposition[/b], shorty gotta stride!
    [Girl 2:] What stride? Ugly motherfucker, he ain't shit.
    [Girl 1:] See, that's my plate, brother may kill me like that.
    [Girl 2:] You got mad sour flavor on shorty, cuz that ain't shit at all...
    [Girl 1:] I'm -- yo G, I don't think he realizes it. Look at him!
    [Girl 2:] Look at what? Dirty motherfucker, he ain't shit.
    [Girl 1:] Hahaha, you don't see what I see, B.
    [Girl 2:] I don't see nothing, you ain't blind, sisso.
    [Girl 1:] True, true. Just look at him, just look at his disposition[/b]!

I would like to add "lames" to the list of strangely over-used rap words these days.

I don't know the origin of it, but I feel like T.I. was the first time I heard it and noticed the word. I seem to hear it more and more from other rap dudes.

The term does tend to be used a lot in referring to rapper TI.

• GambleGamble 844 Posts

-Philip Seymour Swagman

"Philip Swagmour Hoffman" would roll of the tongue a little better, no (pause)?

Yes. Forgive me - Im new to this swag shit.

- James Swagney

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Used to walk with a swagger,
    now you simply stagger -
    from one spot on to the next spot on
    to the next spot on to the next -

- Swag T. Nelson

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    http://therapup.rawkus.com/2007/10/video-weezy-performing-gossip-in-atlanta.html#comment-11779

Stop it with all that swag talk, I???m sick of hearing Wayne and ???Swag??? in the same sentence. Swag is bullshit, it???s just an excuse for him being a weak MC, am I wrong?

While never the best rapper alive, he has had his fare share of hot lines, but most of those in this particular song???WACK!

My flow is like pasta, take it and eat it.

I???ll leave ya dead like the mink under my sink

Like Epps said ???He runnnin out!???
    And on top of that dude is phony as hell, he ain???t pushed no weight,but HE IS HIP-HOP!

Here, Make your own Weezy lines

My,I,You ________ like _________

-Jeff Swagwell

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

Sounds like a swag-hag.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

What an herb.

Correction:

What a ninny.

Good?
    Carpet Swagger

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Old school heads will remember Earl J. Swaggerdorn

• I'm feeling this thread.

-David Swaggerfield

• I saw Keyshia Cole on some show and she kept saying someone had that swagger. Over and over. It sounded so phony.

I think I am. I am totally fine with that.

I've got no beef with Keyshia Cole. Just the use of swagger about 5 times in a 30 second span.

I'm feeling Keyshia's "I'm now rich" gut. Go ahead girl, get that ranch AND parmessan grilled cheese with chili-fries before you go to bed, ROOMSERVICE AIN'T NOTHING TO THE NEW MARY!

• I remember BITD Lily was all about the Killa Cam swagger.

Merle Swaggered

Sounds like a swag-hag.

"Swag-Hag" needs to be injected into the urban rap vernacular NOW.

Other famous swag-hags:

Lil Kim -> On Biggie's dick
    Michel'le -> Dre's hag

The Legend of Swagger Vance