HI. DOES ANYBODY KNOW THE JAY-Z "ROC BOYS" SAMPLE?

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
i'll wait for it

Comments

• I know the horns were replayed...

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    well cot damn... don't nunna yall herbivores know what this schitt is??? you really disappoint me, soulstrut... i thought yall was big dudes.
    you are familiar with this Jay-Z song, right? or am i just to even be asking about this old man rap? teach me about hip hop, plaese

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    teach me about hip hop, plaese

• ha! that's "make the road by walking" by the menahan street band... score another one for the daptone family.

http://www.myspace.com/dunhamrecords

wowwww, thanks! i KNEW soulstrut would come through for me. that Charles Bradley schitt on the myspace page is kinda too! more great schitt for me to download. thanks again!

• Phill, I am curious to your take on this American Gangster album that Jay is 'bout to drop. You looking forward to it, like I am..or what? What is your overall outlook on it? I always appreciate your outlook and views on hip hop related things..especially newer shit. Whatcha thank?

Phill, I am curious to your take on this American Gangster album that Jay is 'bout to drop. You looking forward to it, like I am..or what? What is your overall outlook on it? I always appreciate your outlook and views on hip hop related things..especially newer shit. Whatcha thank?

I have heard three tunes from the album so far- "Roc Boys", "Pressure" (i think this is from the album, not sure) and "Blue Magic"- and I am feelin' all of them. Unfortunately I fear that these may be the best that the album has to offer and the rest of the full length will feature more "Hollywood" and "Beach Chair"-esque material. Hope I'm wrong about that. Of course I feel that Jay-Z is >x100 than almost every currently relevant rap dude on the market, so I am definitely looking forward to AG and am keeping my fingers crossed that it will be more "Blueprint" than "Kingdom Come". old man rap is

anybody got any other songs from the album yet?

• anybody got any other songs from the album yet?

If so post em up! or at least PM them my way. I am dying to hear more.

And yeah Phill, I am hoping those 3 tracks arent the best on the soundtrack. See, I dont think the rest is gonna be wack..but I have to admit that am VERY weary(more like scared!) of all the Jermaine Dupree tracks on there. WTF is up that?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,901 Posts
    Anyone been checking out Beyond Reasonable Doubt?

Thoughts?

• jay z is better than sean kingston

• Man, when's that Naomi Shelton & the Gospel Queens stuff gonna be available?

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    ha! that's "make the road by walking" by the menahan street band... score another one for the daptone family.

damn! that track is heat!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    ha! that's "make the road by walking" by the menahan street band... score another one for the daptone family.

I think it's pretty amazing that this retro-soul stuff is getting sampled already. Talk about things going in circles.

And glad to see Daptones dudes getting paid.