MOVIE HELP! "We Own The Night" VS "Gone Baby Gone"

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
My wife wants to see one of these two. Anyone seen either one? What's better?

Comments

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    I'll piggyback and ask if anyone's seen 30 Days of Night.

• My wife wants to see one of these two. Anyone seen either one? What's better?

Whichever one has that fine-ass Eva Mendes in it is the one to see.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Whichever one has that fine-ass Eva Mendes in it is the one to see.

Yeah, cause that's what my wife wants to see

I've actually heard really good reviews for "Gone" even though it really looks like something I'm not interested in... maybe it's the title.

• we own the night was pretty good...not great but definitely keeps you on the edge of your seat.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Hey P!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Would you rather spend two hours with Joaquin Phoenix or with Ben Affleck's little brother?

• I just saw "we own the night" a few days ago.

wait to see on a dvd/airplane ride to a different city. it starts off great then totally falls apart. Plus the fact it's set in the late 80's but everyone is dressed like it's 81/82 and the soundtrack is nothing but early 80's music (clash, blondie etc..) really got on my damn nerves.

Eva Mendez shows her boobs, which is dope though.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

Would you rather spend two hours with Joaquin Phoenix or with Ben Affleck's little brother?

Joaquin Phoenix (and Eva Mendes)! I saw the director's other film The Yards and it was decent.

How's about Michael Clayton - is it as amazing as everything I keep hearing? I am a fan of Sydney Pollack - that alome makes me want to see it.

• How's about Michael Clayton

It definitely *looks* great.

Completely unrelated: when you see Sydney Pollack, do you think "complete and total sleazebag" or is that just me? He's just got that look.

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts

Completely unrelated: when you see Sydney Pollack, do you think "complete and total sleazebag" or is that just me? He's just got that look.

Absolutely!

Although I can't remember if that feeling predated Eyes Wide Shut...

• Completely unrelated: when you see Sydney Pollack, do you think "complete and total sleazebag" or is that just me? He's just got that look.

Absolutely!

Although I can't remember if that feeling predated Eyes Wide Shut...

Haha. I was not going to mention EWS but I too think I'm grafting that characters' traits on to the real, ya know, person.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Local Black EXP......

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Joaquin Phoenix (and Eva Mendes)! I saw the director's other film The Yards and it was decent.

I liked "The Yards" quite a bit.