DOUGHNUTS APPRECIATION (non-Dilla-related)

2»

Comments

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

Is that some sort of bacon-wrapped toffee eclair?

Indeed it is.

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    Hell Yeah! VooDoo makes a Bacon Maple Bar that is to die for!

They do all kinds of weird shit with candy bars and cereal too. Thats usually too much for me. I do like the cream filled. Lately Ive been stuck on the holes. There is a place out a of town a bit that does 15 for a buck. You get to have so many flavors its hard to resist.

Anyone ever try making homemade quickie donuts out of canned biscuits??? Its for the super stoners or spam parties mostly but you can fry those things up in a wok with whatever toppings you want in minutes. I highly recommend it.

• Krispy Kreme is foul.

Straight sugar balls.

Dunkin's ran them shits out of Mass in 1 year.

Chocolate frosted, blueberry cake, chocolate glazed ... hell yeah.

I like love donuts, but I try to avoid
    them as much as possible. After 30, you can't fuck
    with donuts and expect it not to show ...

It's funny how different things are where I am..the local Dunkin Donuts(while I havent been to one in probably 15 years or so), went straight downhill. Places were all dirty and weirdo people working in there..and pretty much ran all their business off(not to mention the nasty donuts and coffee they were trying to slang). Where Krispy Kreme, a fuckin INSTITUTION down here, hasnt lost a step. Hot or cold, I love em. They have the big stand up at the front door of the grocery store I shop at, and I cant walk in without helping myself to one and eating it immediately (and paying once I get to the cash register....if I remember )

I hate Dunkin

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I vote for Dunkin' in the Dunkin' v. KK battle.

Growing up in the NE during the 80's, Dunkin' was THE spot for
    donuts and coffee. Every time my mom took me into a DD, it was
    packed.

It's the same way in the South when it comes to Krispy Kremes.
    Personally, I can't mess with Krispy Kremes doughnuts.
    Gives me the BG's.

• Krispy Kreme is foul. I don't know how those shits pass as doughnuts.

The real schitt:

Winchell's (strictly a West Coast thing?)

Annie's in Portland

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    Krispy Kreme is foul. I don't know how those shits pass as doughnuts.

thank you. i honestly think their normal glazed are some of the WORST glazed donuts ive ever had.

are my tastes getting more "grown-up"?...because i am FEELING plain cake donuts lately.

• because i am FEELING plain cake donuts lately.

dude... plain cake doughnut with cinnamon and sugar sprinkled on it... perfect.

i also recently got put up on apple doughnuts with cinnamon and sugar on them. so autumnal right now.

i want a pumpkin doughnut right now.

• so a few months ago i got a pm from some giantrobot dudes that were doing a article on donut shop/chinese food spots. to which i proceeded to break them off with a donuts/thai spot, donuts/burrito spot, donuts/tortas cubanos spot. and i keep finding more like a donuts/watch repair spot. man LA is rife with these gems.

my favorite donut spot is still bobs on polk.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,632 Posts

Winchell's (strictly a West Coast thing?)

I think so. Sadly my local Walnut Creek Winchell's was replaced with All Star Donuts. Haven't hit one of those up in a while but I recall it being similar to Winchell's.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Donuts are evil. But erry once in a blue Moon ill fox w/ a box of Munchkins on the solo tip.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    Krispy Kreme is foul.

Straight sugar balls.

Dunkin's ran them shits out of Mass in 1 year.

Chocolate frosted, blueberry cake, chocolate glazed ... hell yeah.

I like love donuts, but I try to avoid
    them as much as possible. After 30, you can't fuck
    with donuts and expect it not to show ...

It's funny how different things are where I am..the local Dunkin Donuts(while I havent been to one in probably 15 years or so), went straight downhill. Places were all dirty and weirdo people working in there..and pretty much ran all their business off(not to mention the nasty donuts and coffee they were trying to slang). Where Krispy Kreme, a fuckin INSTITUTION down here, hasnt lost a step. Hot or cold, I love em. They have the big stand up at the front door of the grocery store I shop at, and I cant walk in without helping myself to one and eating it immediately (and paying once I get to the cash register....if I remember )

I hate Dunkin

i gotta say, since Dunkin Donuts effectively eliminated their local competetiors like Honeydew Donuts and Cottage Donuts, they got pretty lazy... i.e. most dunkin' donuts you see don't bake their donuts on premises and often limited menus...

this place is around the corner from my place and has really solid donuts... their apple crumb is insane... all made on premises and consistantly fresh...

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,632 Posts
    I gotta give it up for King Pin Doughnuts in Berkeley. Always there for that late night donut rush. Not the best donuts but convenient.

• kwalitykwality 620 Posts
    Man to everyone saying that whatever donut is better than KK, I hope to find out one day. Cause I love kk, and if there's something better out there I don't want to die before I get to taste it.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    Stardust Donuts > Every other donut anywhere.

This place is in Imperial Beach in San Diego. If you live anywhere near here and have ever felt any joy from a donut, this place is so necessary. It's two brothers that have been running the same joint since the 70's. It's a little shack on the corner of a Mexican restaurant parking lot. They used to sit back there smoking cigarettes while they worked. Those were they days when they had really intricate sideburns and long hair. I used to ride my bike 10 miles for these before I could drive. They open about 8:30am, sell out at about 10:30am, and close for the rest of the day.

I've had Krispy Kreme. I've had Voodoo. They can't front on Stardust.