Who's watching College Football All Day?

2»

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

O-dub, do NOT get it twisted. I was raised in LA, rooted for the Lakers all my life. Never been a fan of any other team. They just so happen to be one of the most successful franchises in all of sports. I understand your anguish/frustrations as most Norcal teams, college or pro, haven't enjoyed such success.

Play by play, SC's execution is beautiful. nuff said. I'm not gonna go out and buy a John Booty jersey for example, but I'm down to talk smack on the internet.

Lakers defeat Kings (NBA)
    Angels defeat Giants (MLB)
    Ducks take the Stanley Cup. (NHL)
    Trojan domination (NCAA Football)

• I understand your anguish/frustrations as most Norcal teams, college or pro, haven't enjoyed such success.

Um, wouldn't the San Fran 49ers be considered "NorCal"?

• I was bummed out for a bit right after it ended. I was so ready to run up and down the streets of Philadelphia screaming "FINALLY, UCF IS KNOWN FOR SOMETHING BESIDES DAUNTE CULPEPPER AND THE FUCKING BLAIR WITCH PROJECT!!!!!" They still gave it their all, and got one step closer to finally knocking off a ranked opponent. Oh well. My alma mater will have their day soon enough. At least USF is ranked, I guess.

I was rooting hard for your team. If only Israel coulda held on to the ball.

• I understand your anguish/frustrations as most Norcal teams, college or pro, haven't enjoyed such success.

saying. I guess Yuichi didn't notice the most dominating football team in the history of the sport while growing up in LA.

saying. I guess Yuichi didn't notice the most dominating football team in the history of the sport while growing up in LA.

Let's slow down there and remember:

the DeBartolos cheated.

the 70s Steelers won 4 SBs in one decade, two back-to-back.

To me, the 70s Steelers were the most dominant.

After that, you can debate the 80s 49ers, the early 90s Cowboys and the early 00s Cheatriots.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    their uniforms and fight song is the truth.

Please be serious.

• their uniforms and fight song is the truth.

Please be serious.

I am. I think you're a little biased, broseph. I'm an SEC fan and a college football fan. Those unis are classic. Maybe it's not the fight song but it's that little riff they play all the time. DAH-da-da-da-da-DAH-da-da-DAH-DAH. UT has fucking "I been workin on the railroad."

It's not regional for me dude. I grew up in LA, hence why I'm a Lakers fan and (was) a Dodgers fan in the 1980s.

But dude, the Lakers' era is over. And the Trojans "domination" seems rather suspect after the past few seasons where they lost gig games to Oregon, Cal, UCLA and UT.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

Please be serious.

I am. I think you're a little biased, broseph. I'm an SEC fan and a college football fan. Those unis are classic. Maybe it's not the fight song but it's that little riff they play all the time. DAH-da-da-da-da-DAH-da-da-DAH-DAH. UT has fucking "I been workin on the railroad."

Second game I ever went to at Death Valley, in 1979, was the Charles White-led USC Trojans against the Charles Alexander-led LSU Tigers and sure enough them damned Cali elitists barely pulled it out 17-12 with a late Paul McDonald touchdown pass.

A few years after that in 1984, I got to go see LSU play USC at the LA Coliseum and damned if the Tigers didn't get a little revenge that day 23-3. Seeing dudes who I had previously seen play in high school, like Garry James, Norman Jefferson, Roland Barbay, Nacho Albergamo, Ron Sancho, Tommy Clapp, etc., doing it on such a big stage was just the medicine I needed as a newly-relocated-to-Orange-County-California coon ass.

Really no point to this post...except to brag that I've been to both games that have ever gone down between LSU and USC...but at the least I thought you might appreciate my memory nuggets.

If any of you Cal fans want me to tell you about me seeing John Elway play back when he was still in college...holla.

Please be serious.

That song is a never-ending drone that drives people to madness.

"That is the only song you know/it's boring and it's slow/we'd really wish you'd go."

Mind you, it's not like I love Cal's fight song either. Shit is "On Wisconsin" with an awkward chorus.

That might still be better than "I Been Working On the Railroad" however. That is rather oofy.

Please be serious.

That song is a never-ending drone that drives people to madness.

"That is the only song you know/it's boring and it's slow/we'd really wish you'd go."

Mind you, it's not like I love Cal's fight song either. Shit is "On Wisconsin" with an awkward chorus.

That might still be better than "I Been Working On the Railroad" however. That is rather oofy.

Gene, I didn't catch your second little UT stab in one day...and I DO NOT APPROVE!!!

You want to enjoy the benefits of Austin but don't even have the respect to refrain from calling out the "Eyes of Texas".

And you compound that by riding for the USC Trojans???

Don't make me break out a Milk Dud box for ya...

• I'm SEC born and raised. I don't root for UT. I like talking shit to people when they lose or don't show out like they're supposed to. Sue me.

Sorry dude, but in a football context....I can't fuck w/ that fight song.

I give respect where warranted. USC puts it down. Can't wait 'til they lose to LSU when we're playing our National Championship home game in the Dome.

If VY was still in town, I'd be giving up the props to your team. But since he ain't, it's the Mack Brown/Greg Davis same old, same old. Have you gotten your Holiday Bowl tix yet?

THERE IS A REASON RYAN PERRILLOUX IS WHERE HE IS.

I'm SEC born and raised. I don't root for UT. I like talking shit to people when they lose or don't show out like they're supposed to. Sue me.

I give respect where warranted. USC puts it down. Can't wait 'til they lose to LSU when we're playing our National Championship home game in the Dome.

If VY was still in town, I'd be giving up the props to your team. But since he ain't, it's the Mack Brown/Greg Davis same old, same old. Have you gotten your Holiday Bowl tix yet?

If you were SEC-bred, then you wouldn't be talking that pro-USC garbage.

And jumping on the Texas bandwagon when we've got Vince versus jumping off once he left =

• I'm SEC born and raised. I don't root for UT. I like talking shit to people when they lose or don't show out like they're supposed to. Sue me.

And jumping on the Texas bandwagon when we've got Vince versus jumping off once he left =

I never said I rooted for them. I was USC all the way in that game. What I am telling you, which you already know, is that UT was prop-worthy only when they had VY who was so damn good he masked all the same dumb shit that team and those coaches do year in and year out. Once he left, you can have all the #1 ranked classes in the world, you're still Holiday Bowl bound.

I said I like their unis and their song. They have a history of dominance in the 00s. I can stoop down and help out Yuichi every now and again.

I'm SEC born and raised. I don't root for UT. I like talking shit to people when they lose or don't show out like they're supposed to. Sue me.

I never said I rooted for them. I was USC all the way in that game. What I am telling you, which you already know, is that UT was prop-worthy only when they had VY who was so damn good he masked all the same dumb shit that team and those coaches do year in and year out. Once he left, you can have all the #1 ranked classes in the world, you're still Holiday Bowl bound.

I said I like their unis and their song. They have a history of dominance in the 00s. I can stoop down and help out Yuichi every now and again.

Apparently, we don't speak the same language.

• I don't know what you're getting at, but on the bright side, I don't have y'all marked down for a home loss to Nebraska anymore!

It's not regional for me dude. I grew up in LA, hence why I'm a Lakers fan and (was) a Dodgers fan in the 1980s.

But dude, the Lakers' era is over. And the Trojans "domination" seems rather suspect after the past few seasons where they lost gig games to Oregon, Cal, UCLA and UT.

Hey, I root for whatever team is close enough to my city. SOCAL all day.