Tell me you don't like Crank Dat after this.

soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central

Comments

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    i am not doing no dance called the "soldier boy". call me old fashioned. i ain't cranking that shit no 3 times in the club. i appreciate that people are into this. it's just not for me. i'd rather pump some anita baker. respect for posting this though. i'm sure some fools will lose their shit on this come sunlight time.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    I can't see the clip. Is it just another video of people doing the dance? The basic dance is pretty easy, but some of the people go nuts with it on Youtube. Choreographed moves for every lyric.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    no, its a clip of the maury povich show not-really-synched up to 'crank that'. its pretty :-/

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    no, its a clip of the maury povich show not-really-synched up to 'crank that'. its pretty :-/

Seen it. Weak. The Spongebob is better.

• I still dont like it..but then again I am a racist, disconnected white guy who doesnt understand "real, hard as fuck" situations....perhaps one day I can attend a class on "real, hard as fuck diverstiy issues in modern America" and understand the artistic and cultural parameters that make this song and "Ay bay bay" high art instead of boring, corny shit.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I still dont like it..but then again I am a racist, disconnected white guy who doesnt understand "real, hard as fuck" situations....perhaps one day I can attend a class on "real, hard as fuck diverstiy issues in modern America" and understand the artistic and cultural parameters that make this song and "Ay bay bay" high art instead of boring, corny shit.

Here we go again...

What the hell is boring and corny about music that makes people creatively jump around with glee?

When people diss Soulja Boy on such grounds...to me, they are simultaneously dissing the entire lineage of call-and-response rap, which includes South Bronx park jam ish, Uptown Doug E Fresh type schtuff, Miami boooty bass, NOLA bounce, Memphis/Atlanta crunk, etc. And to attempt to exclude that particular strain of rap from what constitutes real, worthwhile and art-worthy hip-hop misses the boat about as badly as the boat could possibly be missed.

• i'd rather pump some anita baker.

CRANK DAT SWEET LOVE.

CRANK DAT SWEET LOVE.

POST A MASH UP OR YOUR SOFT

CRANK DAT SWEET LOVE.

POST A MASH UP OR YOUR SOFT

go back to illustrator or open up ableton live?
    illustrator wins.
    you'll get your mashup soon enough marco!

• Speaking of which -

Client: "When we try and print these new PDFs, the text is missing"
    Me: "I'll go strangle Adobe Creative Suite 3 and get back to you."

• I still dont like it..but then again I am a racist, disconnected white guy who doesnt understand "real, hard as fuck" situations....perhaps one day I can attend a class on "real, hard as fuck diverstiy issues in modern America" and understand the artistic and cultural parameters that make this song and "Ay bay bay" high art instead of boring, corny shit.

Here we go again...

What the hell is boring and corny about music that makes people creatively jump around with glee?

When people diss Soulja Boy on such grounds...to me, they are simultaneously dissing the entire lineage of call-and-response rap, which includes South Bronx park jam ish, Uptown Doug E Fresh type schtuff, Miami boooty bass, NOLA bounce, Memphis/Atlanta crunk, etc. And to attempt to exclude that particular strain of rap from what constitutes real, worthwhile and art-worthy hip-hop misses the boat about as badly as the boat could possibly be missed.

my point...lets put it in a different contex...I am sure you are familiar with Natto(sp?), the Japanese delicacy of feremented soybeans...rotten beans...a concrete, exsisting entity of "real, hard as fuck" Japanese culture, a food enjoyed by millions of people. I think Natto is disgusting, I cant stand it, to me it smells like a bean and gorganzola burrito rotting in an old shoe that someone has recently threw up on, and tastes like it. I have a severe and harsh critism of Natto, based on my taste for food. Does this mean I am a racist and hate the japanese people because I think one dish of theirs is awful? No.

Here we go again...

Pppppppplease................

I still dont like it..but then again I am a racist, disconnected white guy who doesnt understand "real, hard as fuck" situations....perhaps one day I can attend a class on "real, hard as fuck diverstiy issues in modern America" and understand the artistic and cultural parameters that make this song and "Ay bay bay" high art instead of boring, corny shit.

Here we go again...

my point...lets put it in a different contex...I am sure you are familiar with Natto(sp?), the Japanese delicacy of feremented soybeans...rotten beans...a concrete, exsisting entity of "real, hard as fuck" Japanese culture, a food enjoyed by millions of people. I think Natto is disgusting, I cant stand it, to me it smells like a bean and gorganzola burrito rotting in an old shoe that someone has recently threw up on, and tastes like it. I have a severe and harsh critism of Natto, based on my taste for food. Does this mean I am a racist and hate the japanese people because I think one dish of theirs is awful? No.

But do you go around bringing up "Natto" with the sole purpose of rallying people to hate it right along with you?

Do you characterize people who make it and/or like it as being "retarded"?

Here we go again...

Pppppppplease................

I know, I left out hyphy.

Here we go again...

But do you go around bringing up "Natto" with the sole purpose of rallying people to hate it right along with you?

Do you characterize people who make it and/or like it as being "retarded"?

Not him, thats me!

• The music sucks but the clip is comedy... Maury Povich consoling that scandalous trick... Actually put me in a better mood.... thank you soulstrut!

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    "i'mma waterhose that hoe"

"outside of the club crying cause they stole my bathing apes."

"spiderman that bitch. spiderman that bitch!"

army boy
    "crank dat army boy"[/b]

• "i'mma waterhose that hoe"

"outside of the club crying cause they stole my bathing apes."

"spiderman that bitch. spiderman that bitch!"

army boy
    "crank dat army boy"[/b]

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAHHH

That dude is funny, whoever he is... he got their accent down perfect!!!