2007 VMAS

13»

Comments

• My wife is wondering if any of you caught that Alicia seemed to be coming out of the closet with that performance.

that Alicia Keyes is a lesbian has long been obvious to anyone paying attention.

and yeah, the performance made it pretty obvious, as did her introductions to some of the people in attendance, which included only the names of the dudes, but which was punctuated by "who's looking real HOT tonight" for the ladies.

• This is some classic Strut right here, complaining about the MTV video awards?

What did you guys really expect to see here?

They should've just left the camera running in that Foo Fighters room. Dead Kennedys cover with Serg from System of a Down, "Overkill" with Lemmy on vocals, getting Mastodon to play?

Yeah, those guys are skilled musicians. The difference between their performance and Fall Out Boy's was pretty dramatic. I liked seeing Cee-Lo get in there and making the band adapt to his style. It kinda worked, unlike Fall Out Boy's inability to stretch their music -- which I'm pretty sure they can't do -- to fit with Lil Wayne's.

I would have watched the Foo Fighters suite for two hours, no problem.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    There was something very discomforting about watching
    "Holiday In Cambodia" performed to a room full of night
    club types and frat boys, though. Every time they showed the
    crowd, I cringed. It's like, that song was written to mock
    the very people doing the frat-boy-shimmy to it. Yuck.

• No shit, right? Terminal preppies.

MTV did an overdub of the show with the performers sounding off on it. Dave Grohl made it sound like the musicians in his suite were too busy having a good time shredding with each other to care about the rest of the show.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Just sorta gotta be thankful that a dude like Dave Grohl was even there. I mean I don't really listen to Foo Fighters - but they're dope - and they've made great shit. I mean it could have just been Fallout Boy jamming with Gym Class Heroes....at least MTV had enough integrity (or someone told them to have enough integrity) to put that Dave Grohl room together.