anybody have wireless speakers?

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
are there any that are worth a shit? The ones I have heard didnt sound great and you constantly had to tune them because of static...thing is, my stereo, turntable, etc is in my office/room...we dont have a stereo in the living room. The simplest plan is to just put an extra set of speakers in there, but I dont wanna run wire from my room to the living room and it would look like hell since we have hardwoods and I dont wanna start drilling holes in the walls and ceiling to conceal the wires...also it woulod be cool to have some music outside on the deck, and having some wireless speakers seems like the easiest solution....so are there any that sound decent and have good tuners you dont have to fuck with a hundred times a minute?

Comments

• not wireless speakers, but a mate of mine has this wireless transmitter thing that runs from his computer to his amp and its 'sound' from there - if you didn't want to run cables to the lounge I guess this could do the trick but you'd need another amp. I'll post up details tomorrow, they're on my 'other' computer ..

wireless speakers sound a lil sus but, just saying, I've always thought of speaker cable as kinda important you know!

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    they suck. don't do it.

• maybe look for a 2nd amplifier, i've been getting lucky on some used 70's Sansui stuff lately, for less then $50 dollars you can get some really nice stuff if you're willing to look around for a bit.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    maybe look for a 2nd amplifier, i've been getting lucky on some used 70's Sansui stuff lately, for less then $50 dollars you can get some really nice stuff if you're willing to look around for a bit.

Sansui, Yamaha, some of the Technics stuff, all quality and all generally cheap. I can vouch personally for the Yamaha CR-820. In terms of speakers, pretty much any well made bookshelf speaker will do.

Wireless speakers just aren't worth it.

• not wireless speakers, but a mate of mine has this wireless transmitter thing that runs from his computer to his amp and its 'sound' from there - if you didn't want to run cables to the lounge I guess this could do the trick but you'd need another amp. I'll post up details tomorrow, they're on my 'other' computer ..

Squeezebox from www.slimdevices.com
    Looks like its more for mp3s than CD/Phono sources, not that sure