Ben E King & AWB?

GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
Now I love early Ben E. King and even love the album he did in '78 with Lamont Dozier producing and AWB had some ok releases here and there, I'm wondering if the combo LP which I've passed many times in the .99 bin is worth adding to the collection.opinions?

Comments

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    add it

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I just have the 45 that's the Mc Ren/NWA sample.

That track is good, haven't heard the whole album.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    My girlfriend has it & backs it, but she does rep some borderline stuff from time to time (ie.corny disco). I haven't heard that album myself though, I might put it on for curiosity tonight while I'm at her place as I am curious about it also.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I wanna know if they son Eric Burdon & War

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
    Now I love early Ben E. King and even love the album he did in '78 with Lamont Dozier producing and AWB had some ok releases here and there, I'm wondering if the combo LP which I've passed many times in the .99 bin is worth adding to the collection.

opinions?

Worth it for "A Star In The Ghetto" alone.

I listened to a side & a half of the LP this morning, it's good, the music is pretty standard for AWB, basically later sounding AWB with good soul vocals over it. Nice. Get it.

• I listened to a side & a half of the LP this morning, it's good, the music is pretty standard for AWB, basically later sounding AWB with good soul vocals over it. Nice. Get it.

I'm up there with JB, Have I been sleeping on another hot dollar bin joint??

I listened to a side & a half of the LP this morning, it's good, the music is pretty standard for AWB, basically later sounding AWB with good soul vocals over it. Nice. Get it.

I'm up there with JB, Have I been sleeping on another hot dollar bin joint??
    I don't know if I would call it hot, but for a late 70s style funky soul LP that is not disco-fied, it is good, definitely worth it for $5 or less. I'll probably buy it next time I see it.