Roy Budd Get Carter Action (YTR)

The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
Check this shit out:

Anyone seen multi keyboard concert style playing that's not lame like Rush or Yes?

Comments

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Cheers dude, I loves a bit 'o' Budd.

Does anyone know where this footage is taken from?

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Check this shit out:

Anyone seen multi keyboard concert style playing that's not lame like Rush or Yes?

the video and audio arent synch very well, but this dude is amazing, I have hours on videotape from this dudes TV show...strange TV show for NBC! Korla Pandit kicks ass!

• Cheers dude, I loves a bit 'o' Budd.

You can find it on the bonus of the DVD

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts

It's an extra on the UK DVD release... it's everywhere out here in the cheap ($5 bins)...

peace.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,091 Posts
    My Colpo Da Un Millardo Di Dollari OST (Diamonds) gets heavy rotation. I love it, minus the short, hokey sax tunes

• snosno 332 Posts
    The "Foxbat" soundtrack is on my cell phone getting heavy rotation. On top of that, the CD version has the karaoke videos where I can sing the theme songs as well.

Still trying to hunt down the OG though.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

You can find it on the bonus of the DVD

Thanks Rob, Sheep.

If this is the only bit of Budd footage on the dvd, I think I can miss it, or is there more?

The "Foxbat" soundtrack is on my cell phone getting heavy rotation. On top of that, the CD version has the karaoke videos where I can sing the theme songs as well.

Still trying to hunt down the OG though.

Sno,

You know what to do my man

Thanks Kenny. Can one of you get me the VCD or DVD of the movie? Is the movie dope? The pics on the record look ill!

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Nice clip. I think I have to get that DVD. I just saw GC for the first time ever on TCM a couple of weeks ago. Mega late pass, I know.

I was expecting it to be just OK, after hearing about it for so many years. Michael Caine, Budd soundtrack, 70s crime stuff yadayada, but I have to admit it surpassed my expectations. That flick is hardasfuck and has become one of my mind garden favorites.

There were some scenes in it that really blew my mind. That whole sequence towards the end where Carter is getting ready to hunt down Paice was amazing, especially the part where the camera moves slowly past Kinnear's shook down hipster guests interspliced with Carter dumping his slag in the river with a cold stare. The scene where he's talking dirty on the phone with Britt Ekland was great too. Michael Caine is thee man.

Have ya'll seen the blaxploitation movie "Hit Man" which is a scene by scene rip off of Get Carter?? Including the ending scene... I thought I was trippin' when I watched it, but that's what it is...

b

• Nice clip. I think I have to get that DVD. I just saw GC for the first time ever on TCM a couple of weeks ago. Mega late pass, I know.

I was expecting it to be just OK, after hearing about it for so many years. Michael Caine, Budd soundtrack, 70s crime stuff yadayada, but I have to admit it surpassed my expectations. That flick is hardasfuck and has become one of my mind garden favorites.

There were some scenes in it that really blew my mind. That whole sequence towards the end where Carter is getting ready to hunt down Paice was amazing, especially the part where the camera moves slowly past Kinnear's shook down hipster guests interspliced with Carter dumping his slag in the river with a cold stare. The scene where he's talking dirty on the phone with Britt Ekland was great too. Michael Caine is thee man.

The whole atmosphere of the movie is so great, that northern UK coal mine city mood..

If you want the french 80s equivalent of this you have to watch TCHAO PANTIN, it's the same revenge story transposed in the creepy quarter of northern Paris