HOT FOR TEACHER (NRR)

rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
Yo is this how teacher's look these days?!? Reading this NY Times article Schools Fight for Teachers Because of High Turnover and I'm like COTDAMN what part of the teaching game is this? DJAnna what has the profession come to? Which of y'all had a hot teacher in their local educational experience? I had a history teacher in 7th grade that had the austere repressed sexy thing going on strong....

Comments

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    As your sister and a teacher, I find this whole thread NAGL!

b/w I thought you were hard at work tonight.

BUT you met my Chargers girl counselor, right? I have some hot teacher friends, but we are really the exception, not the rule

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    dude this thread is nothing BUT a good look.

and yeah I am at *work.*

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Anna, post hot teacher friend pron or you're softer than bubblegoose!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    "Elementary reading scores of male pupils on the rise"

Anna, post hot teacher friend pron or you're softer than bubblegoose!

Oh HELLS no. I'm not trying to get fired!

(pm me)

JUST KIDDING!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    BUT you met my Chargers girl counselor, right? I have some hot teacher friends

^^^ PLEASE TO HOOK IT UP. THX.

BONUS BEAT: someone come up with thought bubbles for the girls on the floor.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

BONUS BEAT: someone come up with thought bubbles for the girls on the floor.

"I know that dumb bitch ain't trying to steal our man."

(goes back to sucking on thumb)

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    I just got this email from my friend a few hours ago:

warning all parents with young children....against all odds i have signed my contract with aldine and am now in charge of teaching baby mexicans.....well actually 13 year olds, it is time to go wild and celebrate......tommorow is my first day with the little rascals and im gonna have to be really mean as
    they burned down my classroom last year and the previous teacher left. i am now in charge of shaping the minds of the youth of texas.... i'm certified in esl and general education through 6th grade... look out!

I'm so proud for her! She's come a long way from being a crazy-ass, punk rock chick with hair all-colors-of-the-rainbow.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    I can not wait to be a teacher.

Wish that day would come sooner...

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    oh! and props to Anna!

Im envious...I can't help it!!

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I can not wait to be a teacher.

Wish that day would come sooner...
    You will take this back when it comes to marking & report writing time. Mark my words.

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    Had sex ed with an absolute knockout in the 8th and 9th grade. Putting condoms on bananas, getting sweaty, lubricated palms...

-J

oh! and props to Anna!

Im envious...I can't help it!!

Are you planning to teach, Elise? That is awesome! What do you want to teach?

I love it, but I feel this article about burnout, it's something I want to do for a few years and then move on/move up- working in the classroom is just too intense for the pay, and teachers are crazy! That's the biggest lesson I've learned, you work with some weirdos...

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    b/w I thought you were hard at work tonight.

Sounds like he is.

-drum shot-

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

okay, these are the kids that go to elite private schools their whole life and upon graduating from Yale or Dartmouth decide they are going to teach for America. After 6 months they realize they hate it, dont care, and go off to work for Goldman Sachs.

The only people who really teach long term (the ones you remember from growing up) are the ones who have to because they are ill suited for any legitimate profession that requires one to act like an adult.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Are you planning to teach, Elise? That is awesome!

I am not certain that I would call this news awesome...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Are you planning to teach, Elise? That is awesome!

I am not certain that I would call this news awesome...

Bwahahah...

I saw this beautiful teacher leading a gang of LBE high school cats on a field trip. Dudes were well behaved and alert like a mutha.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    So is this going to turn into an "I got busy with my teacher!" thread or what?

one can only hope.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts

one can only hope.

paging JDeezy....

• So is this going to turn into an "I got busy with my teacher!" thread or what?

one can only hope.

paging JDeezy....

Flagrant foul.

I did not teach him how to DJ.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

one can only hope.

paging JDeezy....

Flagrant foul.

I did not teach him how to DJ.

It's not always about you, R**s; I believe this was a reference to the many times Shied has taken you both to school over the past 15 years.

• The only people who really teach long term (the ones you remember from growing up) are the ones who have to because they are ill suited for any legitimate profession that requires one to act like an adult.

come off it, man - is this really what you think of teachers?!?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Hey Elise,

I need to freshen up my Mathmatics, can u help?

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    The only people who really teach long term (the ones you remember from growing up) are the ones who have to because they are ill suited for any legitimate profession that requires one to act like an adult.

come off it, man - is this really what you think of teachers?!?

unless they practiced a profession first, giving them expertise in a particular field - yes.

• i taught at the high school and junior high level for about 5 years and got mad burned out. i spent a lot of time policing the classroom, and truly i wasn;t suited for it.

the recent spate of higly publicized cases of psychically weak teachers sleeping with students is an interesting trend. the disciplined and dedicated teachers of years past seem to be in decline. camille paglia notes that teaching used to be a female ghetto but now women have have moved into managerial positions and so forth; this has may have led to a bottom feeding situation. the feel good, therapy style of education now in vogue has also encouraged an inappropriate proximity between teachers and students.