KRSONE in Brooklyn

analog_tapeanalog_tape 604 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
If you were in Brooklyn last night hopefully you made it to the $3 KRSONE show in Prospect Park. If you didn't make it shit was crazy, he even kicked Hiphop vs. Rap with got me amped. He covered every classic track the BDP and KRSONE albums. Also Lady Bug from Digable Planets performed, she did a couple of Digable tracks which seemed funny not hearing the other guys over the beat. I all honesty i wouldn't mind smashing her.

Comments

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    Lady Bug from Digable Planets performed, she did a couple of Digable tracks which seemed funny not hearing the other guys over the beat. I all honesty i wouldn't mind smashing her.

wait for it...

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    Lady Bug from Digable Planets performed, she did a couple of Digable tracks which seemed funny not hearing the other guys over the beat. I all honesty i wouldn't mind smashing her.

wait for it...

is that really her album cover? thats some shit if it is...

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    this is still GOAT for worst cover of all time.

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    If you were in Brooklyn last night hopefully you made it to the $3 KRSONE show in Prospect Park. If you didn't make it shit was crazy, he even kicked Hiphop vs. Rap with got me amped. He covered every classic track the BDP and KRSONE albums.

But back to Kris...I was really feelin this show. A little back story- I grew up in NY and have lived on the west coast the last 6 years. So I just moved back and went to this show. SO MANY HITS!

Even though he lost his voice about 3/4 of the way through it and DJ Scratch (from EPMD fame) was late and the sound wasn't hot, etc. His catalog is amazing and he's so inspiring- he really cares about people. Yeah, he's batshit crazy and egotistical- he's one of the best of all time!

He did "My Philosophy" over classical music

He also said how he was homeless in Prospect Park and he's right now he's living his DREAMS...i dunno- i felt that.

• He did "My Philosophy" over classical music

He also said how he was homeless in Prospect Park and he's right now he's living his DREAMS...i dunno- i felt that.

pachobel canon. that was nice. our capture the flag game ended early when I started hearing "Wooop Wooop that's the sound of the police!" very glad I caught it. nice turnout too.

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts

He did "My Philosophy" over classical music

pachobel canon. that was nice. our capture the flag game ended early when I started hearing "Wooop Wooop that's the sound of the police!" very glad I caught it. nice turnout too.

EXACTLY! I even caught the afterparty at Southpaw with Marly Marl on the microwave killin it post-heart attack! Great night for nostalgiac rap and good vibes all around.