X-Games 13

yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
Anyone watching?That dude, James Blake just fell 20ft. out of the sky on the mega-ramp.....it's amazing he didn't die.........I mean, it wasn't like he skidded along the quarter pipe....naw he fell HARD. Probably the hardest I've seen anyone fall....and he walked away too.

Comments

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    It's gotten ridiculous, fools doing double backflips on dirt bikes??? Nine million foot vert ramps? Get out of here.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    It's gotten ridiculous, fools doing double backflips on dirt bikes??? Nine million foot vert ramps? Get out of here.

Serious.....so dangerous....

• DrBorisQDrBorisQ 298 Posts
    i gave up on the x-games after they got rid of street luge. Those guys were

• i was out and people were calling me like " I think this dude just died on live tv!"

They recorded it and I just saw it. That looked like someone jumping of a building. If he didn't hit the tiny bit where the ramp started to bend to go up and just hit flat he'd probably not be doing to well. Did you see his shoes go flying off like 45 ft????

Somebody is gonna have to make the chill out with the ramp. He could have easily died.

i was out and people were calling me like " I think this dude just died on live tv!"

They recorded it and I just saw it. That looked like someone jumping of a building. If he didn't hit the tiny bit where the ramp started to bend to go up and just hit flat he'd probably not be doing to well. Did you see his shoes go flying off like 45 ft????

Somebody is gonna have to make the chill out with the ramp. He could have easily died.

I was watching it live by myself and was like "ohhhh shit...................".
    There was complete silence and stillness on the screen for like 5 seconds. I mean dude didn't even flinch.....that was a real scary moment. I'm glad he's semi-okay now.

• chasechase 767 Posts
    i was out and people were calling me like " I think this dude just died on live tv!"

I was watching it live by myself and was like "ohhhh shit...................".
    There was complete silence and stillness on the screen for like 5 seconds. I mean dude didn't even flinch.....that was a real scary moment. I'm glad he's semi-okay now.

I was just telling my girlfriend about that..

that shit was eff'n bonkers, the crowd was going nuts over his 720... when his board got away from him shit was surreal...

thought he was dead for sure... he should be making a sizable donation to the helmet company..

i'm getting curious now... youtube link anyone?

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

Probably more like 30-35 feet considering the height-meter starts at the lip of the ramp.

whoa!

Probably more like 30-35 feet considering the height-meter starts at the lip of the ramp.

Seriously, HOW THE FUCK DID HE SURVIVE?!?! Shit is a motherfuckin' FREEFALL from 30ft.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    and he is OK???

and he is OK???

Well he got sent to the hospital for some X-rays and scans.....But he actually managed to walk off and was talking to people afterwards.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    and he is OK???

Well he got sent to the hospital for some X-rays and scans.....But he actually managed to walk off and was talking to people afterwards.

jesus. I almost can see at least a head injury or broken neck, at least[/b].

• kwalitykwality 620 Posts
    Damn, his name is Jake Brown and he's an aussie. Although after a fall like that it's lucky to not say he WAS an aussie.

They're more evil knievel than skaters these days, and it hurst just to watch.

They're more evil knievel than skaters these days, and it hurst just to watch.

Athletes gotta "up the ante" but still.....even the commentators were like "I'm glad I'm not competing! I can barely watch these guys do backflips WITH A KISS OF DEATH."