POLL: Ever been to prison or jail?

white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
Prison - no Jail - yes

Comments

• Prison - no
    Jail - yes

prison NO!

jail yesir! heh funny story for another time, I ended up in a holding cell with method man back in 98... he got no luv from the thugs.

thread theme music... 1, 2, 3 say fuk tha po-lice

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    if the feds is really after him he just told all the snitches.

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    Busted in college for one joint. Year probation, $400 fine, no jail time.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Jail & Juvenile correctional facility.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    twice.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Neither. When it came to crime, my Dad always told me, "Be good, or be good at it."

• Busted in college for one joint. Year probation, $400 fine, no jail time.

Wow! that's harsh!!! I had nearly half a pound and used a public defender.. got drug classes, $500 fine and no probation at all after they we're completed... and this was my third offense. Other two times for graf... I could only run so fast I feel bad when people catch a charge over some dime bag shit.. the erb should be legal!!! booze is the killer.

I remember back in something like 96/97 I was at the hemp fest in washington square park cause jungle bros we're suppose to do a few songs, that was a day I won.. chased and not captured!

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    twice.

good luck with bar admission.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    i was pretty lucky as a teenager that i didnt get arrested like all my friends.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Holding cell for curfew violation. Seriously.

• bass_feverbass_fever 974 Posts
    I got arrested like 5 times, in my pre 21 y.o. rebelious era for drinking violations...Drunk tank one time in college and spent memorial day weekend in the drunk tank another times...They turned me loose to my parents the rest of the time...I have definitely calmed down since then...

incarceration =

• ajrafflesajraffles 124 Posts
    twice.

good luck with bar admission.

Especially if either of 'em concern dishonesty offenses.

Apparently prior substance or alcohol (ab)use history is not relevant to an applicant's admission request.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I've been taken in then released that same night and another time got locked in a room at the DMV until a friend could come with some cash to get me out...but thankfully that's it.

• underage drinking-holding cell-bailed out by my grandfather who thought it was one of the funniest experiences of his life.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Never been caught.

Seriously, though, no jail, no prison for me.

I have been in Stillwater State Prison, but it was to help teach a class.

• never been to jail or prison
    i have however bailed friends out on numerous occaisions

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    I am more or less destined to get tested.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Neither for me... been a law abiding citizen my whole life. And by law abiding I mean I've never been caught.

one was an open container, and then i had to spend a night in jail because i had an open warrant from a j-walking ticket. can you believe that shit.

the other was expunged.

and that story is even better, me and my wife found a half smoked joint (i still think it was probably just a hand rolled cigarette, she thinks it was a set-up) in an ashtray at the Pink Pony on Ludlow street. We went out and around the corner to smoke it and within seconds of lighting up we were both in handcuffs and arrested by three detectives. Even though we told them what happened and even though we had nothing, not even papers on us, they still threw us in jail.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    and that story is even better, me and my wife found a half smoked joint (i still think it was probably just a hand rolled cigarette, she thinks it was a set-up) in an ashtray at the Pink Pony on Ludlow street. We went out and around the corner to smoke it and within seconds of lighting up we were both in handcuffs and arrested by three detectives. Even though we told them what happened and even though we had nothing, not even papers on us, they still threw us in jail.

Why would you smoke some shit you found on the street?

You sound like a hobo.

one was an open container, and then i had to spend a night in jail because i had an open warrant from a j-walking ticket. can you believe that shit.

the other was expunged.

actually what precipitated the open container charge was that a friend of mine and i were playing with a b.b. gun on the front steps of our Oak Street house in SF shooting at the kids that lived across the street and somebody must have reported a gun, because about 20 SF cops raced up the street going against the one way and came out guns drawn. When I heard sirens, i knew what was going on and stuck the gun inside the house, cause if i was holding it my hands they probably would have shot me. They were so pissed they dragged us in on the open container.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Holding cell for fighting.

Why would you smoke some shit you found on the street?

Sabadaba does what Sabadaba gotta do.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    even though your criminal resume is embarrasingly weak, unfortunately, i still think you might have some issues with your state bar application. a friend of mine was held up for over a year in NJ because of a dui. he eventually got in, but he had to testify before a committee. good luck....seriously...not trying to be sarcastic. its a buch of bullsh*t imo.

but...for all those strutters who want an HONEST, LAW-ABIDING lawyer...remember that kvh has a squeeky clean record.

ha!!

a dui is more serious than an open container, jay walking, and smoking trees. dui threatens life and shows bad judgment.

and i think tenchincally, i have been arrested, but not convicted, because i received a dispensation.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    Prison - no
    Jail - yes

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Holding cell and another time cuffed in the back of a cruiser.
    I managed to get out of both, and the cop who put me in the cruiser freaked when he came to let me go cos i'd gotten out of the cuffs from my back, under my legs to the front and was messaging on my cellphone. But he didn't do nothing about that.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

Apparently prior substance or alcohol (ab)use history is not relevant to an applicant's admission request.

yeah I've, uh, heard that, too...

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    21st birthday I was in New York, and got busted for putting up stickers. Spent the night in jail while I was on mushrooms. I was supposed to meet up with some strutters (this was 2002) but that was hindered by conrete and steel. Everyone in jail was really nice to me though.