Book Recommendations??

2»

Comments

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    i just picked this up:

but I don't know what to think of it 50 pages in. He's a tad too sardonic for a Euro-league reject, and he tries to make up for it with forced self deprecation a bit. I guess I'll just have to see if it gets better.
    Could have done without the Klosterman intro. The more of that guy's shit I read, the more I realize he just sucks.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    i just picked this up:

but I don't know what to think of it 50 pages in. He's a tad too sardonic for a Euro-league reject, and he tries to make up for it with forced self deprecation a bit. I guess I'll just have to see if it gets better.
    Could have done without the Klosterman intro. The more of that guy's shit I read, the more I realize he just sucks.

I can't stand this dude. Or Klosterman.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    It usually takes a great deal of effort and commitment to finish a book....half the books that I ever picked up were left unfinished.

Anyway, I just started on "The Corrections" by Jonathan Franzen. Anyone read this? I find myself trying to "decipher" every sentence....my head hurts. but I will continue.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

I can't stand this dude. Or Klosterman.
    I've put in another 40 pages tonight. I think I feel the same way- at first I didn't understand why Klosterman had even written the intro. Now I realize that they are both so intolerably flippant, that they are perfect for one another.