what screws up records?

IXLIXL 1 Post
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
i just sprayed ants/roach-slaying raid around my crates, please tell me i didn't ruin it all (or the precious sleeves and artwork)... will my wax still be wax? or ruined? other than this isht, what other no-no chemicals should i heed warning to in the future?

Comments

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    they will all melt in a matter of minutes. If you actually turn around and look at them now there should just be puddles.

Sorry dude.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Best first post evar!
    No records=no posts sucka.
    Welcome.....
    and Goodbye.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    Best first post evar!

No doubt.

I am especially feeling this combination of graemlins:

As for other chemicals, you can pretty much use them all. Raid is really the only combination of chemicals on the planet that is sure to destroy your records. Most post-war vinyl is tested against 18-molar hydrosulfuric acid before hitting the shelves. So spray away my good man, spray away.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    That's right... in fact, what you want to do is if you have any records left after this potentially fatal mishap, send them over to me for decontaimination and dsiposal. If this stuff spreads it could wipe out record collections within a 5 mile radius.

Quick man - there isn't much time! Just mail raers to me, stat!

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    i just sprayed ants/roach-slaying raid around my crates, please tell me i didn't ruin it all (or the precious sleeves and artwork)... will my wax still be wax? or ruined?

other than this isht, what other no-no chemicals should i heed warning to in the future?

If this is the IXL I know, I'll ride for dude.

Don't ever put chemicals on your wax though.

• I am especially feeling this combination of graemlins:

Indeed. That was well done.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    on a related note, can you pack them (records) too tightly on the shelf?

• The more the better.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    That's right... in fact, what you want to do is if you have any records left after this potentially fatal mishap, send them over to me for decontaimination and dsiposal. If this stuff spreads it could wipe out record collections within a 5 mile radius.

Quick man - there isn't much time! Just mail raers to me, stat!

!!!NO MAIL THE RAER"S TO ME!!! I"LL PAY EXTRA

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts

I am especially feeling this combination of graemlins:

Indeed. That was well done.

Truth... it's not often you can use these for their literal meaning

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I'll ride for IXL too. good peoples.