Eagle takes down deer

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central

Comments

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    i'm at work and can't watch this vid, but if this just happened...dude. i'm all about different animal match ups. is it a small deer or just a really jumbo sized eagle? knowledge the deaf and blind, por favor.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    IF YOU ENJOY...

different animal match ups

THEN YOU NEEEEED TO CHECK THIS...

LIONS VS. CROCODILE VS. HERD OF BUFFALO. OH MY.

• LeftyLefty 259 Posts
    word,
    one of my all time favorite threats will always be the one where the pelican
    munches the pigeon
    dope shit

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,890 Posts
    I just saw this one earlier too:

Formula 1 deer hunting

• LeftyLefty 259 Posts

• That's a small deer.

Is this set up?

• I saw a monkey riding a small deer at the zoo the other day. It was definitely better than monkeys riding dogs. It was hilarious. The deer was all like "DO NOT WANT" and the monkey was like "giddy-up baby".

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    I was grilling out in the yard lst night and heard a rustling in one of our trees. I looked up to see an owl flying away with a little baby bird. I did a double take because I live close to the city and I didn't think we had owls. I have also heard many stories of owls eating cats. We keep ours indoors though.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    i'm at work and can't watch this vid, but if this just happened...dude. i'm all about different animal match ups. is it a small deer or just a really jumbo sized eagle? knowledge the deaf and blind, por favor.

a little bit of both, small deer and big golden eagle...from the video description, its a trained eagle.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    trained to take down smaller animals?! i'd train an eagle to steal all these sf fools all over SF logo hats in mutli colors. i love the city, but they got ugly ass hats out here. all over brown logoed out SF hat that looks like gucci? no shit. i saw that at true and stashed them all behind the bins so i don't have to see anyone rock them in my presence. FUGLY MUGLY!

City of San Francisco. step your hat game up.

what other things would you guys like to train an eagle to do?

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    I used to work with a couple of autistic dudes whose property bordered some pretty deep woods (deepest in CT anyway). We kept chickens on the property which is pretty much an open invite to any hungry critter. Every once in a while, we'd see a bobcat on the property (and we'd be missing chickens). One morning, we heard a noise out back and saw the bobcat walking away with a chicken in his mouth ... very casually, I might add ... perhaps 'sauntering' is a better word. I actually managed to grab the video camera in time to follow him out and get maybe a 2-3 second shot of him before he disappeared. Beautiful animal ... and apparently evolutionarily superior to 'domestic' chickens.

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    I saw a monkey riding a small deer at the zoo the other day.

This reminds me of a certain conversation once had with Twoply on the way back from the Eugene Record show a few years back.

I will never forget that shit. It was classic to say the least. RubbishVisual was there as well....I wish I could remember what was said but we were all pretty delusional at that point in the day.

Something about a bird and horse, or was it a monkey?

Hi I*n.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    and apparently evolutionarily superior to 'domestic' chickens.

Actually, I would argue that chickens are evolutionarily superior to bobcats. The point of natural selection is not "survival of the fittest" as it is commonly considered, but "survival until reproduction." The transmission of genetic data is the sole goal. By the vastly larger number of chickens to bobcats, I'd say chickens are winning the evolutionary game. By their deliciousness, they have even duped humans into helping them attain the goal of reproduction.

I think all things should evolve to be more delicious. Darwin would have wanted it that way.

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    and apparently evolutionarily superior to 'domestic' chickens.

Actually, I would argue that chickens are evolutionarily superior to bobcats. The point of natural selection is not "survival of the fittest" as it is commonly considered, but "survival until reproduction." The transmission of genetic data is the sole goal. By the vastly larger number of chickens to bobcats, I'd say chickens are winning the evolutionary game. By their deliciousness, they have even duped humans into helping them attain the goal of reproduction.

I think all things should evolve to be more delicious. Darwin would have wanted it that way.

I think you may be onto something with this whole "deliciousness to humans as evolutionary strength" theory. Of course, you may want to expand it to "deliciousness to humans AND ease of factory style reproduction as evolutionary strength" as fish don't seem to be making out quite as well.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    I saw a monkey riding a small deer at the zoo the other day. It was definitely better than monkeys riding dogs. It was hilarious. The deer was all like "DO NOT WANT" and the monkey was like "giddy-up baby".

DUDE. That's the greatest thing I've ever heard. Seeing something like that would validate life.

• I saw a monkey riding a small deer at the zoo the other day. It was definitely better than monkeys riding dogs. It was hilarious. The deer was all like "DO NOT WANT" and the monkey was like "giddy-up baby".

DUDE. That's the greatest thing I've ever heard. Seeing something like that would validate life.

Everybody that saw it was stunned.

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,091 Posts
    This reminds me how I've been seeing dog corpses streaked across Los Angeles' freeways quite often lately. One is more than enough, though. Damn gross.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    did anyone else notic about one minute in on that Water Buffalo video, when dude starts the car someone goes, "SHHH!"?

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts

Yea. Small deer big eagle. Plus it's set up. You can see the guy in the vid is holding the eagle.

Yea. Small deer big eagle. Plus it's set up. You can see the guy in the vid is holding the eagle.

I said it was a trained eagle...you know trained by a falconer...

Or an eagler, perhaps?

Or an eagler, perhaps?

Im not an orinthologist, but arent all eagles are flacons, but not all falcons are eagles?

Or an eagler, perhaps?

Im not an orinthologist, but arent all eagles are flacons, but not all falcons are eagles?

I am a licensed ornithologist, and I can tell you with absolute certainty that that is true. Eagles are just big falcons.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

LIONS VS. CROCODILE VS. HERD OF BUFFALO. OH MY.

I had to bump this. This shit is mind-blowing. The illest part is when the baby buffalo, who's been tossed into a watering hole, nearly drowned, chewed on by a crocodile, and half-eaten by a pride of lions, actually gets up and rejoins the herd toward the end.

YOUNG SOLDIER.

• LIONS VS. CROCODILE VS. HERD OF BUFFALO. OH MY.

I had to bump this. This shit is mind-blowing. The illest part is when the baby buffalo, who's been tossed into a watering hole, nearly drowned, chewed on by a crocodile, and half-eaten by a pride of lions, actually gets up and rejoins the herd toward the end.

YOUNG SOLDIER.

Its all a stunt. That buffalo is about to drop a new rap album.

• IF YOU ENJOY...

different animal match ups

THEN YOU NEEEEED TO CHECK THIS...

Rabbit versus Snake

Monkey Kung-Fu

Add to My Profile | More Videos

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    pffffff....DUDE that's a chimpanzee, which is an APE not a MONKEY. read-up on your primate read-ups.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts