Weasel Poop Coffee

Comments

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Blue Bottle

this is on my corner.

I have never understood the long lines. to me the coffee was jsut aight.

however, i't important to bear in mind that I only ever order plain double espressos. maybe their triple-halfback-luxe-chai-soy-vanilla-lattes are on hit.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    I drank the weasel coffee. It's actually not pooped out, but the weasels throw it up, some places sell normal coffee and market it as weasel coffee. It originates from Vietnam, where I had it. Usually coffee makes my guts feel like shit, but this stuff was so strong and smooth (no homo)... It tasted great, it kept me up for 24 hours though, I was a little jet lagged on top of it... I remember crashing out a day later for ages...

Recommended.

peace.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    So I just had Kopi Luwak coffee. Some weird Indonesian weasel-ish creature eats coffee cherries, craps out the beans,

it's a cat...

well... at least cat-like...

Lemur, cat, weasel, whatever the fuck, I drank poo coffee.

i wanna try it! i bet it tastes great. i always talk about it at the botanical gardens. i'm a guide there and always tell the Kopi Kuwak story to visitors when we pass by the coffee trees.

It's a civet.

And Pony, I'm also low-carb these days and I've made a lot of changes to my entire diet, but my morning mug of coffee is sacred. I still use half-and-half and a tiny bit of white sugar.

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
    When I was in Vietnam I heard about some fox poop coffee that is harvested the same way, but I never tried it. I have been tempted to order some of this brazillian bird poop coffee but i don't know if its worth it for such a novelty.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    don't rodent droppings carry the hanta virus?

just saying.

I'll have a double espresso -- hold the hanta.

BTW it annoys the hell out of me when I order a double and they say "a dopio?"

I'm like, "did I say that dumb shit? no that was YOU."

• So I just had Kopi Luwak coffee. Some weird Indonesian weasel-ish creature eats coffee cherries, craps out the beans,

it's a cat...

i wanna try it! i bet it tastes great. i always talk about it at the botanical gardens. i'm a guide there and always tell the Kopi Kuwak story to visitors when we pass by the coffee trees.

It's a civet.

a mongoose is also a cat like animal (Feloidea)...

• i wanna try it! i bet it tastes great. i always talk about it at the botanical gardens. i'm a guide there and always tell the Kopi Kuwak story to visitors when we pass by the coffee trees.

It's a civet.

And Pony, I'm also low-carb these days and I've made a lot of changes to my entire diet, but my morning mug of coffee is sacred. I still use half-and-half and a tiny bit of white sugar.

also: it's a coffee cherry or better yet the seed of the coffee cherry (a drupe). it's NOT a bean. the author has no clue about the stuff he writes about

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
    in spite of being scientifically incorrect, they have been called coffee beans for a very long time. Do you also insist that we not refer to pecans as nuts? Because they are technically drupes as well.

• in spite of being scientifically incorrect, they have been called coffee beans for a very long time. Do you also insist that we not refer to pecans as nuts? Because they are technically drupes as well.

calling them beans is okay. but putting coffee cherries in quotes seems a bit weird to me.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    in spite of being scientifically incorrect, they have been called coffee beans for a very long time. Do you also insist that we not refer to pecans as nuts? Because they are technically drupes as well.

calling them beans is okay. but putting coffee cherries in quotes seems a bit weird to me.

Once you two drink the poo coffee, you can call it whatever you want.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I've made a lot of changes to my entire diet, but my morning mug of coffee is sacred. I still use half-and-half and a tiny bit of white sugar.

Yes. I don't dig much refined sugar, but when I put anything in my coffee, it's sugar and half-and-half. If I'm having more than the one cup, the rest is black.

And I know this will seem rather tacky to some, but I dig Starbucks beans, ground fresh about 10 minutes before I wake up. Sumatran or Costa Rican blends are nice. And if you're wondering how I grind my coffee before I wake up,

Inexpensive, yet it's got everything I need in a coffee maker.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    I make an iced soy latte with this gadget right here every morning:

and I use this stuff:

I like.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    1.who was the og freak that figured out putting coffe beans thru an animal/reptile's digestive
    system was tasty?
    sounds like some stuck on a desert Island "shit"to me.

2.My girl [little miss gourmet bean ]is a java junky and spends 30.00 an LB on some super speedy high test
    african red sea crystal beans from whole foods/porto rico[yes i know-yuppy hell].If i drink half a cup I am up for a week-fo real.She belts back 2 cups and i can't even detect any sembelence of her being wired-wassup with that?

3.White sugar is bad for you because it overworks your pancreas and fucks with your natural blood sugar levels and your insulin production.If you do enough of it in your lifetime you will wind up Hypoglycemic or Diabetic.
    Agave,xylitol,and honey all have a slower release time and don't fuck with your insulin/blood sugar metabolism as heavily.Brown sugar is little better but not by much.
    Splenda is made in a corporate lab I wouldn't fuck with that or sacchrine ever.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    So I just had Kopi Luwak coffee. Some weird Indonesian weasel-ish creature eats coffee cherries, craps out the beans,

it's a cat...

This sentence is cracking me the fuck up. I feel like you should get an "I drank poo coffee" T-shirt for drinking poo coffee.

• rocco2nrrocco2nr 530 Posts
    I work at a coffe shop ( ) and i dont even drink coffee anymore. the only stimulant i can tolerate now is yerba mate.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    lemuria hawaiian poo private press new age blend beans

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Blue Bottle

this is on my corner.

I have never understood the long lines. to me the coffee was jsut aight.

however, i't important to bear in mind that I only ever order plain double espressos. maybe their triple-halfback-luxe-chai-soy-vanilla-lattes are on hit.

Naw - Blue Bottle's rep stems from the quality of their beans so drowning that shit in luxe-chai-soy-lattes would kind of kill that whole point there. Personally, I think they're "ok". I'm much more a fan of Philz even if most of their coffee are blends vs. single bean (single bean is cute in concept but at the end of the day, if it tastes good, it tastes good).

• Brown sugar in coffee - if you like sugar - kicks ass. The better places I've gotten coffee in SF - Blue Bottle, Philz, even Arizmendi, etc. - all put out brown sugar. It's not just that it's not refined white sugar (crunchy hippie alert!) but brown sugar gets its color from molasses and coffee made with brown sugar has a richer, more caramel undertones to it. At home, if I want a sweetener, I either use brown sugar or I also tried Sucanat (which are natural sugar cane crystals) and to me, it makes a huge difference.

Each to their own but its just not coffee with sugar in there

Brown sugar in coffee - if you like sugar - kicks ass. The better places I've gotten coffee in SF - Blue Bottle, Philz, even Arizmendi, etc. - all put out brown sugar. It's not just that it's not refined white sugar (crunchy hippie alert!) but brown sugar gets its color from molasses and coffee made with brown sugar has a richer, more caramel undertones to it. At home, if I want a sweetener, I either use brown sugar or I also tried Sucanat (which are natural sugar cane crystals) and to me, it makes a huge difference.

Coffee Purism Revealed.

I like coffee black sometimes, but sometimes I like it with sugar and cream. It's still coffee though.

• Brown sugar in coffee - if you like sugar - kicks ass. The better places I've gotten coffee in SF - Blue Bottle, Philz, even Arizmendi, etc. - all put out brown sugar. It's not just that it's not refined white sugar (crunchy hippie alert!) but brown sugar gets its color from molasses and coffee made with brown sugar has a richer, more caramel undertones to it. At home, if I want a sweetener, I either use brown sugar or I also tried Sucanat (which are natural sugar cane crystals) and to me, it makes a huge difference.

Coffee Purism Revealed.

I like coffee black sometimes, but sometimes I like it with sugar and cream. It's still coffee though.

LOL!

Not surprisingly I find that sugar masks the flavour of the bean & thats a big part of it rilly

Took me a while to wean off the sugar myself. This reminds me of one time that I was on a communication / presentation course for work & the presenter was this super confident front foot forward sort of guy. I shared the elevator with him after the lunch break and noticed he had three sachets of sugar for his short black - its hard to explain but to me he just about lost all his credibility in that millisecond. I was like 'why don't you just drink a coke?'

And for any perculator heads out there, mine was playing up for a while, only making half pots etc which was real frustrating. Copped a new basket (the part when the grind goes) and instantaneously it was back in effect. Think there must have been some calcium solidification going on or something. In case it happens to you too, whoa!

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts

• So I just had Kopi Luwak coffee.Some weird Indonesian weasel-ish creature eats coffee cherries, craps out the beans, then some poor person picks em' out the poo. After that, stupid people buy it for $150 a pound and I drank some.

Shit was actually good.

Did you use it to wash down the Casu Marzu (Maggoty Cheese) - also featured on last weeks Fresh Air interview with Massimo Maricone:

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts

it's a cat...

This sentence is cracking me the fuck up. I feel like you should get an "I drank poo coffee" T-shirt for drinking poo coffee.

I'd wear it too.

Meet Kopi Luwak, he's the dude with the tasty poo.

• chungtechchungtech 290 Posts

it's a cat...

Yeah that cracked me up too- I can never get enough scatalogical humor! I always thought regular coffee was kind of pooish, but today my coffee world has changed.

• I'm glad noone mentioned Starbucks in this thread. Starbucks coffee is really bad. Expensive and bad. I can't stand Starbucks. It's almost like McDonalds. They are everywhere these days. And they just sell some really bad coffee... why do people go there?

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,904 Posts
    I'm glad noone mentioned Starbucks in this thread. .. why do people go there?

Cos they hustled on the block. They are mad expensive over here. I think a Caramel Macchiato is ??2.85 or pushing six bucks a go. Fugheddit.

UK heads be aware of the Mocha @ Pret-a-Manger. That is the truth.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I'm glad noone mentioned Starbucks in this thread. why do people go there?

Often because their neighborhood coffee shop has closed down. Starbucks has a wonderful business model where they'll open several locations surrounding an entrenched coffee shop, all of which will lose money in the short term. The local coffee shop also begins to lose money, since some of its business has been siphoned off to the surrounding Starbucks. Once the local shop goes under, Starbucks closes most of their underperforming locations in the area, leaving one or two Starbucks locations that are profitable and have no local competition.

Clever but evil, that.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    My wife and I got an espresso maker as a wedding gift. I have been starting everyday with a macchiato. 2 shots of dark roast espresso and a dab of foam. Shit gets me off and running.

What makes Starbucks even more pathetic is that in many of their locations now, the "barista" simply pushes a button on a machine to make most of the espresso-based drinks. What part of the game is that?

That said, one has to acknowledge how profoundly Starbucks has changed the drinking habits of Americans (if not globally). Coffee/cafe culture is a much different phenom now than when I was a kid at Starbucks has played a major hand in that.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    What makes Starbucks even more pathetic is that in many of their locations now, the "barista" simply pushes a button on a machine to make most of the espresso-based drinks. What part of the game is that?

That said, one has to acknowledge how profoundly Starbucks has changed the drinking habits of Americans (if not globally). Coffee/cafe culture is a much different phenom now than when I was a kid at Starbucks has played a major hand in that.

I can't get with how sweet they make their drinks. Its all fucking sugar and you can hardly taste the coffee.