Ratatouille.

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
Disney/Pixar killed it again. Cars was cool but it dragged a bit in the middle, this movie is non-stop though! The storyline was great and the chase scenes were incredible: sewer, kitchen, rooftops???each one action-packed. Animation is so on point, it was hard to believe that some of those were computer animated shots. I sensed some Le Triplettes De Belleville and Amelie influence, too (beyond the Paris setting). I swear the sous chef looked just like Dominique Pinon (Delicatessen/Amelie). I wish they would???ve casted them, though. (Although, Janeane Garofalo did a great job with her pseudo-French accent.)Anyways, highly recommended from this Disney fanboy.Por favor believe it.

Comments

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    I sensed some Le Triplettes De Belleville and Amelie influence, too (beyond the Paris setting).

I can't wait! Im going to see it tonight...

The Triplets of Belleville is one of my favorite movies. EVAR.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKK

I WANNA SEE THIS!!!!!!!!!!

I AVOIDED THE WKEND CAUSE OF THE SCREAMIN CHILDREN UP IN THE THEATRE.

I FINISHED THE VIDEO GAME ALREADY!!!!!!!

Truthfully - Im not really fuckin w/ any of that Disney shit. From Little Mermaid to Shreck.
    IT AINT ME.

But this Rat-Ta-Tat-Tat Shit is right up my alley.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Just saw this yesterday with the fam. I didn't think I was gonna enjoy it too much but I was wrong. It was really good. Anyone else finding they like kids movies more than the boolshyte Hollywood is kicking out? I know I do.

I FINISHED THE VIDEO GAME ALREADY!!!!!!!

My son is all into it. He's only 5 and already shutting it down with the video games! I've actually had to ask him for help on a game before.
    Shit is crazy.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I sensed some Le Triplettes De Belleville and Amelie influence, too (beyond the Paris setting).

I can't wait! Im going to see it tonight...

The Triplets of Belleville is one of my favorite movies. EVAR.

Make sure you watch the ending credits. No outtakes this time, but the entire sequence is animated completely different than the movie. Old school, too, meaning by hand, no computer animation (at least it looked that way).

Probably gonna derail my own thread, but Transformers tonight at 8pm. Who???s going?

More importantly. HARRY POTTER NEXT WEDNESDAY! Man I hope to God there???s a midnight showing here.

Anyone else finding they like kids movies more than the boolshyte Hollywood is kicking out?

A freind of mine said the same thing yesterday. She's a Parent as well. Im not so ive been able to avoid
    Mulan & Tarzan n shit.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Disney shit.

Shreck.

Sacrilege!!!

Get that Dreamworks bullshit out of here!

Disney shit.

Shreck.

Sacrilege!!!

Get that Dreamworks bullshit out of here!

Haha.

I dont focks wit none of that.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    J Anyone else finding they like kids movies more than the boolshyte Hollywood is kicking out?

yes sir yes sir! I just watched old school popeye/superman cartoons from the early 40's last night. Man, amazing.

J Anyone else finding they like kids movies more than the boolshyte Hollywood is kicking out?

yes sir yes sir! I just watched old school popeye/superman cartoons from the early 40's last night. Man, amazing.

Both those cartoons were actually played/made for adults & children back in those days. Sometimes played in between bigger features.

Those Fleisher Superman cartoon are

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    damn, i'm fired up

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    and the chicks always looked hot (no homo) on most of those cartoons.

I love that classic look on the ladies, instead of what we see nowadays. I know, I know, they're cartoons.

I got the DVD for a $1! The best fucking dollar I have ever spent.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

Probably gonna derail my own thread, but Transformers tonight at 8pm. Who???s going?

I'm checkin out the 9:30 showing tonight. I'm looking forward to the fanfreaks wearing various intricate costumes...

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    its great! Also if you can see it in a digital projection theater, do it...looks amazing!

the short before the movie was top shelf as well...

for those of you who have heard Patton Oswalt's new album will laugh when you hear his character's father's voice...

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    I'm going this weekend...

Sh*t looks dope.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Great movie. Saw it yesterday with the family. The little short at the beginning was hilarous as well.

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    so this isnt a nother foodstrut thread ???

• MeepMeep 320 Posts
    Great movie. Saw it yesterday with the family. The little short at the beginning was hilarous as well.

this will never be topped...

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    ratatouille = Dope!

Saw this a couple days ago and definitely enjoyed it. Me and my girlfriend liked the Incredibles too so this one was pretty much a sureshot.

On another movie related note , 1408 = waste of time.

I took absolutely NOTHING from this movie.... things just didn't make sense and the "oh wow ending" was not special. I like John Cusack but it seemed like Sam Jackson (who was only in the movie so people would go watch it based on the trailers) hyped up the room so much and it was actually more frightening waiting for things to happen in the room then it was when the shit actually happens.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Word - wifey and I really enjoyed "Ratatouille". We couldn't get into "Cars" at all so it's nice to see Pixar return to form.

Plus, having Thomas Keller serve as the cooking consultant?

ratatouille = Dope!

Saw this a couple days ago and definitely enjoyed it. Me and my girlfriend liked the Incredibles too so this one was pretty much a sureshot.

On another movie related note , 1408 = waste of time.

I took absolutely NOTHING from this movie.... things just didn't make sense and the "oh wow ending" was not special. I like John Cusack but it seemed like Sam Jackson (who was only in the movie so people would go watch it based on the trailers) hyped up the room so much and it was actually more frightening waiting for things to happen in the room then it was when the shit actually happens.

Foodies, run, dont walk to this flic.

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    Going tonite...

"???If you can free yourself up, I could really use another mouth tonight.???"

Not to hate but I'm not exactly clear what Bruni's point is here except to say, "the movie's representation of food critics wasn't entirely accurate since I don't live in a coffin-shaped room nor do I dine alone."

THis is what happens when decent writers go blogging.

• Yeah Ratatouile was a big laugh, saw it twice already.
    Goes straight to my DVD checklist (o.k. dont ask)

Goes straight to my DVD checklist

Goes straight to my DVDdownload checklist

• Goes straight to my DVDdownload checklist

Nah... For me, With TVs getting bigger and bigger... (and better) You gonna wish you had bought the DVD with higher resolution later on (I swear.)

DVD =

When you finally got this big ass Flatscreen at home after ten years... You wont have to enjoy blurry macroblocks..
    (just my 2c.)

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Your login is pretty sickwidit.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Going to see this with the woman perhaps this weekend.

Who ever mentioned "Triplet of Belville" I want to cosign. That one will always be at the top of my list. The music in it was so good and complimented the animation style really well.