Pakistan

piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
I 'll be in Pakistan from mid July to the end of August. I??ll travel around abit, search for literature, do interviews with IR experts (hopefully) and continue my M.A. thesis. Best thing is that I just received a full scholarship As I just received this information, I??ll have to organize all the things real quick now. Finding a appropriate accommodation seems to be rather difficult.However, anyone been there before? Any reliable contacts available (RR/NRR) ? Pakistani strutters?Where to find s and what to look out for?I already know that the Khyber mail LP grows on trees over there. But what else?Most of the time I will stay in Islamabad. I will most likely go to Lahore and Peshawar (Bin Laden headz know the deal) for a couple of days, as well as the Northern areas. Probably Quetta & Karachi as well. I am somehow prepared to the situation in South Asia in general, because I studied & traveled for half a year in India some time ago. Any Suggestion and NRR/RR information or suggestion is most welcome.

Comments

• HL_MackenHL_Macken 18 Posts
    protect ya neck.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

Where to find s and what to look out for?
    I already know that the Khyber mail LP grows on trees over there. But what else?

Obviously you know to be careful.
    Khybermail does not grow on trees.
    Majority of the records you find in bazaars will be crazy hammered.
    Look for M. Ashraf as the composer on Lollywood records.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    ummmm....

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts

Where to find s and what to look out for?
    I already know that the Khyber mail LP grows on trees over there. But what else?

Obviously you know to be careful.
    Khybermail does not grow on trees.
    Majority of the records you find in bazaars will be crazy hammered.
    Look for M. Ashraf as the composer on Lollywood records.

cheers for the info.
    that "Khybermail grows on trees" saying was meant to be , as it is - IMO - the only well known Pakistan only grail. Anyway, I have enough time to dig deep.

Security is an issue, but it??s quite safe in the cities especially in Islamabad. I am not that worried about this. It will be quite an adventure though.

and I didn??t expect a flood of replies, but anyone else with some RR/NRR info?

• On the back of Khybermail it says that he has done 20-something OST... I recommend you to bring a portable recordplayer.

I was wondering if Sohail Rana is still alive?

BTW didn't Beats29 have some Pakistani records for sale a long time ago... I might be wrong though but maybe you should contact him.

Peace and have a safe trip,

Dress

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    I was wondering if Sohail Rana is still alive?

I did a little search some time ago and it seems that he currently lives in Toronto.