my rice pudding is a little undercooked

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
deli down the street has bomb-ass rice pudding, always have to pick up some when I get my sammich...but Ill be damned they rushed this batch and the rice isnt as soft as it should be. dang.

Comments

• i've sampled many rice puddings in my life (mainly greek) and i know that some people hardly cook the rice on purpose. they like the texture...usually this is the case with more liquified, less solid, rice puddings.

i have to say i like both cooked and under-cooked rice puddings if they're done well. my favorite is in greece (lamia to be exact) and it's more like a solid custardy pudding with a soft layer that forms on the surface, topped w/ cinnamon.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    hands down:

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    my favorite is in greece (lamia to be exact) and it's more like a solid custardy pudding with a soft layer that forms on the surface, topped w/ cinnamon.

this place is a greek deli, and this is how they do it...

• i mess w/ the cozy shack rice puddings...they're good. probably the best you can buy on a mass produced scale.

but they still can't compare to the homemade (or restaurant made) greek ones i've had.

i just hate it when its soupy and that Rice to Riches shit that costs like $5.00 a bowl is disqusting!! Its consistency is like wallpaper paste and if you got anywhere near finishing a whole serving you would probably have stomache for days.

• nice! you're lucky dude.

i wish i had a spot like that up the street. we have a decent greektown here in chicago with some quality rice puddings (rizogalo - in greek) but it's too much effort.

P.S. keep your muthafuckin out of my rice pudding!

• TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts
    hands down:

If your in brooklyn there is a peruvian spot called Coco Roco (two locations I think). They make the crazy Arroz Con Leche. Amazing stuff I tell you. Also have this crazy Tres Leches Flan. Damn just talking about this shit. And the bread pudding is up to par as well.

• haha...my dad likes the raisins. i don't think they're bad , but definitely not a necessary addition. i prefer without.

• If your in brooklyn there is a peruvian spot called Coco Roco (two locations I think). They make the crazy Arroz Con Leche. Amazing stuff I tell you. Also have this crazy Tres Leches Flan. Damn just talking about this shit. And the bread pudding is up to par as well.

this sounds good. i like arroz con leche.

i just went to an argentian spot out here that had some dulce de leche flan and it was on point. they also had these dulce de leche cookies that i brought home...killin it!

nice! you're lucky dude.

i wish i had a spot like that up the street. we have a decent greektown here in chicago with some quality rice puddings (rizogalo - in greek) but it's too much effort.

its a greek deli owned by a Korean woman...tucked into the back of a convienece store, so it isnt most authentic place, but the food is damn good...

we have a decent greektown here in chicago with some quality rice puddings (rizogalo - in greek) but it's too much effort.

is that Ravenswood? the dude that produced one of my bands records, David baker, lead singer for mercury Rev lived in Ravenswood, and I remember a Greek deli with two HOT ASS twin sisters working there. I ate there EVERY day.

• its a greek deli owned by a Korean woman...tucked into the back of a convienece store, so it isnt most authentic place, but the food is damn good...

haha nice! i was referring to the greektown in downtown chicago on halsted. a bunch of greek restaurants and shops etc. i think there are a couple in ravenswood...never been though.